Viessmann combis

I went to the Viessmann place at Telford with some people from ARGI a couple of weeks ago.

The boilers look pretty good really.

I know from my own experience how difficult it can be to get tech info, new boilers and spares.

The Office is very large and there are lots of people moving around looking serious so its now very difficult for me to understand how they are so useless at dealing with simple requirements.

E.G. new boiler order from stock placed at 11 am on Tuesday will not be despatched until Wednesday afternoon and then will not be delivered for up to THREE days ???

Tony

Sponsored Links
htgeng said:
gas4you said:
On paper they seem a very good boiler. previous posts/replies on here have noted service back up probs and certain unreliabilty issues. Can't comment myself as never fitted one.

I was a bit of a doubter, but I am happy to say they have got their act together now with technical support on the phone. Ask if theres a rep in your area who can visit you. My local guy also carries parts so its nice to know that if you get stuck.

Either me or Croydoncorgi can give you help if you not sure about whether to go for it. I fitted one last month and there are a few pointers which will help you, but its pretty basic stuff and imho they well put together.

Was it PTS? They are the local merchants who carry them around here.[/quote]

no just a local stockist ;)

We do offer Viessmann (as an alternative to Bosch and Vaillant in the wall hung market) and fit mainly 100, 300 and Vitocrossal. Around 60 units to date.

There have been teething problems with the 100 series but none too serious. Perhaps it doesn't quite live up to the quality of the 200 and 300 - which is first rate. Undoubtedly the best thing about the 100 is the HE, some of the other components aren't so good.

Viessmann classify the boilers according to build quality ie: 100 is basic, 300 is top.

100 is made solely for the UK and Dutch markets. Supply of 100s isn't a problem if you find a wholesaler that keeps a stock, many more do now. No Viessmann is a diy fit, the instructions are too ambiguous, particularly the 200 and 300. At least they send some out in English now.

300s are a brilliant piece of kit but they are complicated to order and install, so allow a bit of time for the first one. If you are working on your own, forget it, you'll drop your nadgers lifting one.

simond said:
Viessmann classify the boilers according to build quality ie: 100 is basic, 300 is top..

I thought it was the size/output?

What's the lowest power good-quality one, then?

There's a 100 system boiler,which must have fewer components in it but is big enough for a typical house... are they low-quality?

Sponsored Links
The 100 system boiler, in common with most Germanic system boilers, is a combi with the secondary HE blanked off.

You can get a 26/28Kw combi in the 200 range, but it is massively sized, being designed for a European kitchen (taller deeper units).

This is why they brought out the 100 series, because the Brits have tiny kitchens and wallets (when it comes to CH).

simond said:
= Germanic system boilers

I love that

what does it mean, that the boiler has a perchant for starting major european lands wars???

or is it that it is that it is the master boiler

Ve Haf Vays Of Making You Vasser Hot

;)

:LOL: I bet it clicks it's heels as well and when it goes wrong it gases you :LOL:

C'mon corgi, lets do the goose step together ;) Watch out for your toes though I'm bladdered tonight :LOL:

gas4you said:
C'mon corgi, lets do the goose step together ;) Watch out for your toes though I'm bladdered tonight :LOL:

Stout Fella

Spring time For Hilter

and Vailllanttttt (or yonkers as they used to be called)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back