"virtual receptionist" anyone tried them

B

breezer

No its not a software question its a service, (lots of them about) does any one use it?

Its where you have some one answer the phone in your company name and take messages, but they are not in your place. I am thinking aboout it and am wondering has anyone tried it?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, fine worked for us. I guess it depends on the quality of the receptionist, we didn't have any problems.

thank you.

you seem to say it in the past tense , as in you dont use it anymore, is this so, or is it an as when basis you use it?

No, don't use the service anymore, the wife's business has moved in a different direction, which has obviated the need.

Sponsored Links
Never had to use such a service (yet) ourselves, heard good stories about it, practical etc. I would consider using a virtiual receptionist if we were away for some days, in order to have at least one direct and 'living' point of contact instead of just an answering machine.
A friend of mine has a business like that. If needed, you know my email address ;)

I used to deal with a bunch of crooks that used one, after making a few business calls, it became transparently obvious that they had no office, whoever you asked for, they were "away from their desk" but would call you back. If you asked for someone else, there was no-one available, even when I knew all the people in the bunch and asked for them by name. The person answering the phone also knew nothing about the business and obviously didn't know the people.

It's probably OK if it's a message-taking service, but didn't work trying to give the impression iof a businesslike company with its own offices.

Depends of course to which company you use, how you instruct/teach them etc.
Virtual receptionist are more than just message taking services.

It very much depends on the service you require / the quality of the service offered. We gave a brief overview of the people who worked for us, what the company did etc, any calls that we couldn't answer went to the virtual receptionist, it can work well for a company that is so small that hiring FTE's simply isn't cost effective.

I agree in some respects with JohnD, it can be used for nefarious purposes, but this only manifests itself if the actual company is dodgy, they are not there to add any veneer of respectability.

We've also used serviced offices in the past, which have been OK as well, they're great for fledgling companies where is burden of having a fixed term office lease contract isn't appealing.

I tried a virtual nurse once, scandinavian, very disapointed indeed, next time I'm going for the chambermaid. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back