Volcano and it's right to have privacy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From this LINK

CCTV camera destroyed

1267299.jpg

Sponsored Links
haha - where did that take place Bernard? Was it the recent one that was in the news in the past week - the name of which eludes me for the moment
Ah yes I've spotted the link - so Iceland and it's interesting that the lava has a sort of clear edge almost like someone came along taring a road!!!
I wonder if you could of been within say 10 feet of that lava flow or would it be too hot. I presume it would be too hot near the crater where it explodes but further away you might be able to get near the lava flow

Sponsored Links
What volcano erupted a couple of years ago killing several tourists?
The locals have no respect for nature, only the lining of their pockets encouraging tourism.

What volcano erupted a couple of years ago killing several tourists?

White Island, north of New Zealand. Yes tourist income did play a big part in that incident. There were no significant precursor indications of an explosive eruption and thus the risk was assumed to be very low.

The management of the Iceland events is far better than at White Island

The management of the Iceland events is far better than at White Island
Indeed...

But then they are world leaders in predicting and managing safety to such events, given that this display is merely a reminder of how one of the newest countries in the world was formed and the locals respect that...

So the 'virus' has at least one benefit over there - not so many stupid ill equipped tourists causing problems!

Blimey. ellal making sense.

Whatever next?
I always make sense :)

Actually I have a Norwegian friend who lives over there and is a volunteer in the rescue service.
He said that as soon as it was realised that people were going to go up in numbers they took it upon themselves to mark out a safe route and then provide assistance/advice without having to go through endless H&S risk assessments, as those on the ground are assumed to already have that knowledge!

Mind you, they didn't have to cope with this one. It can demand as much 'privacy' as it likes!

Saint Vincent volcano

Sponsored Links
Back