Voter ID

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well from early reports it appears that far more people (in just a few trial areas) have been turned away from voting due to a lack of ID than were ever found to have committed electoral fraud.

So is it a wise 'precaution', or a real world equivalent of (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)?

Sponsored Links
I just went and voted, no ID was needed.
Also no voting card coz we never got any. lol

I just went and voted, no ID was needed.
Also no voting card coz we never got any. lol
But you will have had to have given your name/address and then it would have been ticked off the list.

So what I'm asking is that does it make it right that in future those without ID will be electorally disenfranchised?

Sponsored Links
So what I'm asking is that does it make it right that in future those without ID will be electorally disenfranchised?

If they care about voting, get that id.
If a vote can't be counted as meaningful or valid, it detects from those that are.

If they care about voting, get that id.
If a vote can't be counted as meaningful or valid, it detects from those that are.
But if you can't afford 'that id'?

(And as has been shown electoral fraud is negligible.)

So is it ok to disenfranchise those who will then be unable to 'afford to vote'?

I don't vote

Although I am of the opinion that it should be compulsory , think it is in some EU states ???

but if its compulsory u should be able to cast a non vote .

Statistical it's nothing. But it's one of those dumb ideas that gets the gullible all worked up.

I wish they would get this worked up over things that actually mattered.

voting is compulsory in Australia.

Perhaps we should adopt it as well, after all we might be doing lots of business over that way soon......

spoiling ballot paper NO

voting form should have a specific space to cast a non vote , and it gets counted nationally

X amount of people did not vote for any one. What happens if they got the biggest share of the national vote ?

voting should be compulsory unless u have some viable excuse , dead ? in a coma? abducted by aliens ? Retarded :)

Perhaps we should adopt it as well, after all we might be doing lots of business over that way soon......
According to Australia they'd rather do more business with the EU.

After all, why deal with 60 million when you can do a deal with 430 million?

Sponsored Links
Back