W-B 15ri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just bring a bit of calm to this thread, I fitted a WB 18 Ri to replace my old Potterton Profile 2 years ago. It has behaved perfectly and is so quiet in operation. My fuel consumption has reduced by 15% which represents a good saving. Fit a cleaner on the return and start with a clean system and you will have no problem with your choice of boiler, or in fact any boiler.

Sponsored Links
I suppose a responsible person would replace that with copper bundy tube outside the guarantee period.
Certainly not - that would be an illegal modification of a gas appliance, it just needs replacing with the same hose at service time. The burner gasket also needs replacing on these when a full strip-down service is done. They do modulate, but not very well

I am pleased that all my replies on this thread are positive and constructive!

Pity that's not the case with some of the others!

Tony
Tony, thank you for your positive response. The idea is to get a picture of this boiler. I have read negative comments and positive. It will be balancing the pros and cons. The design looks good and simple. I like the cylindrical heat exchanger & burner. The rubber gas pipe is a concern. I know some downward firing burners means the heat exchanger does not need cleaning in some boilers. The aluminium heat exchanger needs cleaning, so a minor concern. I recall about 18 years ago a simple condensing boiler with a copper cylindrical heat exchanger and top mounted burner. It never even had a pcb. It was a simple on-off burner job like the old boilers. The heat exchanger cleaned itself with condensate which was a great asset. I think it was called a Keston something. They were put into a lot of new build homes. I have not see them for sale in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Most condensing boilers have down firing burners so the condensate can collect by gravity and flow away from the bottom!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back