Wanting to secure industrial unit with system that is capable of text/phone call notifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was robbed about 5 months ago at my old garage, I have now moved to an industrial unit and looking at security options. Unit is 516 SqFt (48 SqM), has electricity however no internet capabilities, internet is possible but I do not require it atm so would get internet solely for the security system if it's worth it.

The main requirement I have is when movement is detected I am notified via text/phone call, I have looked at the "Texecom Premier Elite 64-W" system however it requires the comGSM module which will push it up to £350ish all in and that is without cameras.

Does anyone have any better suggestions than the above? I would ideally prefer a camera system with built in sensors that can text/call me when motion is detected.

Budget is around £500, if I could get 2-3 cameras + alarm + some sort of phone notifications for that I would be very happy but feel like I'm pushing it?

Sponsored Links
Unless you go for a cheap ungraded system, then you're looking at ~300 for a panel that has GSM. I think the cheapest Galaxy Flex FX100+ with GSM that I have at the moment is £270, but you still have sounder, keypad and sensors on top. Including a decent system plus cameras and a recorder in your budget is a bit of a push.

Unless you go for a cheap ungraded system, then you're looking at ~300 for a panel that has GSM. I think the cheapest Galaxy Flex FX100+ with GSM that I have at the moment is £270, but you still have sounder, keypad and sensors on top. Including a decent system plus cameras and a recorder in your budget is a bit of a push.

So the Texecom Premier Elite 64-W + ComGSM module on top coming in at around £350 is about the cheapest I'm going to get for something decent?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
if you only need to know if the alarm is going off rather than all statuses then a cheaper grade 2 panel and one of these could fit the scope required, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232463453900?clk_rvr_id=1593608624302&ul_noapp=true

I only really care about a notification when an alarm is triggered. I would only need 2 door sensors and one PIR sensor and a notification via phone if they are ever triggered. It would be nice to have a siren too but not required. What would you suggest?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I only really care about a notification when an alarm is triggered. I would only need 2 door sensors and one PIR sensor and a notification via phone if they are ever triggered. It would be nice to have a siren too but not required. What would you suggest?
There's other more qualified to answer on here but the Euro Mini gets recommended here often (and is Grade 2) available for less that £50 https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk...caretech-euro-mini-inc-lcd-keypad-p-1614.html

Why an elite 64w ?? Buy an older premier 48 off eBay , a couple dts and door contacts and a gsm comm

I am not hooked on the elite 64w it just came up in a video and looked decent. Can I use the cheaper GSM eBay option with any alarm system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back