Wardrobe threaded screw holes

Gently prise off the other bits still stuck, (don't get them mixed up), scrape out the holes a little. dry fit them back into position, to make sure they will sit flush, and then glue the pieces back into place with some PVA. Press firmly into position and gently wipe off any excess adhesive. You may be left with a visible hairline but better than what you have.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks. I've got some 502 PVA.
However, I'm wondering if the screws are making those broken bits stick out and might not allow the pieces to sit flush, and if I should back the screws off but without making them too loose?

Sponsored Links
For the door one check the diameter of your hinge and the obe on ebay are the same...if necessary, ask the seller a question

Am I measuring the correct diameter? Do you mean this,

20200529_174424.jpg

or this,

20200529_174001.jpg

If the screws are too long take them out one at a time and fit a washer or two under the head to reduce the overall length.

Edit: Just had another look at picture and you may need to put the washers between the back plate and hinge arm. Any misalignment on the door should be able to be corrected by the hinge adjuster. As a last resort you could try to cut the screw length down by a few mm.

Sponsored Links
If the screws are too long take them out one at a time and fit a washer or two under the head to reduce the overall length.

See what you mean, the washers would help bridge any gap between screw and plate if I were to loosen the screws. Still, the screws aren't too long, I must have inserted them in some wrong way that made them break through.

if you do decide to grind them down
screw them through a bit off 12mm ply or mdf
if you use a bench grinder do NOT rub on the face use the edge off the wheel as you will groove the stone

Buy 35mm drill bit for kitchen hinges and move hinge up 100mm, all fixing will then go in virgin timber.

Thanks guys. That's all getting a bit difficult for me. And I can't move the hinge up 100mm as there's only about 60mm extra space to the top edge of the door. Surely if there's a 40mm repair plate like that one on ebay there has to be a 35mm one? Unless the ebay seller got it wrong and his repair plate is 35mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back