Warning: This report contains offensive language.

Apparently it is wrong to call someone a "coloured football player" but deemed acceptable to call someone "a football player of colour". :eek::eek::eek:

Sponsored Links
I popped to the shops today and was refused service by the shopkeeper as i offended them, apparently 'they've decided' its wrong to ask for a catalogue of 'coloured curtains', they are 'curtains of colour' (despite the fact all curtains are coloured including white) Apparently years ago the nazis referred to coloured curtains and the shopkeeper associated me with a war nazi because of this. The shopkeeper had also previously took offence by asking for a specific colour curtain so i thought i would be polite?

Last edited:
"a lot more South Asians than there are Afro-Caribbeans" in the FA's IT department because "they have different career interests".
Not racial stereotyping ?

I was referring to what you wrote which I quoted.

Greg was close to the chop and this was a convenient excuse to push him over the edge.

I watched it on the news earlier. Jaw dropping.
What the hell is going on. How is that a racist resignable term? It’s just clumsy.
No malice.
He also went on to talk about Afro Caribbean & Asian taking different types of jobs from one another.
It’s true. Not racist or derogatory

Agree, someone needs to step in and stop this, or i am a fking dinosaur. I can't believe the world is changing like this.

I listened to him tonight, what's wrong with observing how it is, Indians run the IT world, they used to rule convenience stores, they were especially adept in supplying an extremely varied selection of products which made them popular, and of course highly successful in both so what?
When i travelled when i was younger many Asian parts of the world used to say to me 'fish n chips man utd etc etc and laugh' Never once did i take offence, maybe i should return now and take offence?

He also pointed out younger girls don't seem to like the football at their faces etc, whilst he could be called out for not saying some it just so happens i had a few experts in this arena sitting near (being female) to me who both concurred with his sentiment??

Sponsored Links
Apparently it is wrong to call someone a "coloured football player" but deemed acceptable to call someone "a football player of colour". :eek::eek::eek:
It is and that is ridiculous enough.

If the former is offensive then so is the latter.

However, who thought a warning really necessary for us when merely reporting what was said?

I had to read it several times yesterday when I saw it, and look for the even remotely offensive language, and can't believe that it was actually "coloured" that might offend.

It an similar vein, we had last week, complaints about Anne Hathaway playing a witch with deformed hands and this led to the film makers and the actress herself having to apologise. For what I muttered? Apparently for acting a part that called for a make believe which to have make believe deformed hands.

And then this week we have complaints about Emerdale having a storyline about someone or other wanting to abort a baby, a fictional baby that has fictional Downs Syndrome. A storyline!

The world is going bonkers.

I'm offended by the wrong use of grammar, but not as offended as the use of poxy yank language creeping in to our vocabulary and news reporting.

Channel 5 is casting a black actress in the role of Anne Bolyen the wife of Henry Viii. Its been lauded as a convention-defying thriller. The cultural appropriation brigade are nowhere to be seen.

perhaps they were all busy complaining that Othello was played by a white actor.

I just think they ought to have been able to find a straight actor to play Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory.

Channel 5 is casting a black actress in the role of Anne Bolyen the wife of Henry Viii. Its been lauded as a convention-defying thriller. The cultural appropriation brigade are nowhere to be seen.
Will they be allowed to behead her?

Should a disabled actor in a wheel chair play a Disabled character in a wheel chair>>>>>

Sponsored Links
Back