washing machine not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Make : Candy
Model : Aquaviva 1100

Problem : When turning on the washing machine to run on number 4 which is non fast coloureds on 30 degree, the machine lets water in to the wheel inside but the wheel does not spin it sounds as if its trying to and the dial turns to complete its program. Once or twice it has worked but very seldom. haven't tried other settings on washing machine as such.

I'm a plumber + gas engineer, i have no knowledge of the washing machine working parts, i am interested to find out a few checks i can try myself.

Any information needed from myself just ask, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Before condemning the machine you should try several programmes and see if they work ok. Have you been using the same prog for a long time? Could be only that prog gone wrong. If other progs faulty then i'm afraid it could be the prog card.

if by wheel you mean the drum the clothes go in have you checked the motor is turning and the drive belt is tight enough

Sponsored Links
done a few different programmes for it the drum moved but very slowly and eventually struggled to move jerking back and forth. Never reached it's full spin, they're a slight buzzing noise audible too.

I'm grateful of your replies, however is they're any documents on washing machine components and how they work that i can download or buy, i'd be more than glad to make an attempt at fixing it but not until i understand its working process thanks.

Haynes do some manuals on the basics of appliances

Common motor problems are worn motor brushes (normally on the end of the motor opposite the pully) or on some machines motor start capacitor failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back