Waste carriers License ...........Free

Sponsored Links
It's free it it is only your own and you aren't transporting for others "Registration is free if you’re just transporting your own organisation’s waste."

Does that include (customers') waste from jobs or just taking waste from a workshop?

Sponsored Links
Once you complete a job for a customer, doesn't the waste belong to 'us'.

So we 'are' transporting own waste?

Andy

you could try paying £1 for the goods
and get a recipe to show you paid for it and argue its not waste as you bought it :D :D

Hmmmm let's think about this

It's a revenue raising exercise from a government department so the answer is:

a) Only people involved in the disposal of real waste should pay

or

b) Let's get everybody who moves even a bag of sawdust in a van to pay for the legal right to move it (and then pay again to legally dispose of it)

It also adds if the waste is construction waste or demolition waste,which then tells you you need to apply for upper tier,

The only thing that's changed from January is that certain people who did not need to register before now need to do so. They are the free (for now) ones, and that is only for people who transport their own waste - i.e. they created it at their own premises, and it is NOT construction waste.

Upper tier registration (which you must pay for and renew evey 3 years) applies to virtually everything including:
- removing someone else's waste (including that of a customer)
- buying waste from anyone else, even if it's only for £1
- anything involving construction or demolition waste - so ALL trades will need to register to carry any waste.

If anyone has registered for free, then it's pretty much game over - you will now have to go back and update the details properly, and pay the fee, and continue to do so every three years.
No use hiding - the Environment Agency has all your details now.

Taken from an email from the council regarding leaving boiler parts with the customer its in council speak !!!

"I also note that you leave old and faulty heating system parts with your customers as proof that you have completed the work as agreed. I can understand the reason behind this, however I don't agree that these parts belong to your customers. The reason for this being that you, in your expertise, decide which parts are faulty etc and need replacing. At this stage they are still part of the heating system and therefore still are in use and not waste. Once the decision to remove is made by you and subsequently removed f, the part is then no longer in use and becomes waste. This waste is controlled waste produced through your business and it is your responsibility to dispose of in a legal manner. By leaving this waste with your customers as you currently do, you are breaching your Duty of Care because your are effectively transferring controlled waste to your customers to dispose of without them being allowed to do so and also as no waste transfer note is obtained. Also, if this waste is placed into the customers' domestic waste bin, which is highly likely, then technically an offence is being committed under the illegal deposit of waste (commonly known as fly tipping, however there is much more to this offence than simply taking waste down a country lane and dumping it) in contravention of section 33 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and this is punishable through magistrates. I hope now you can appreciate this and cease carrying out this practice immediately."

So according to her its my waste therefore my free waste carriers license is correct !!! icon_smile.gif

Taken from an email from the council regarding leaving boiler parts with the customer its in council speak !!!

"I also note that you leave old and faulty heating system parts with your customers as proof that you have completed the work as agreed. I can understand the reason behind this, however I don't agree that these parts belong to your customers. The reason for this being that you, in your expertise, decide which parts are faulty etc and need replacing. At this stage they are still part of the heating system and therefore still are in use and not waste. Once the decision to remove is made by you and subsequently removed f, the part is then no longer in use and becomes waste. This waste is controlled waste produced through your business and it is your responsibility to dispose of in a legal manner. By leaving this waste with your customers as you currently do, you are breaching your Duty of Care because your are effectively transferring controlled waste to your customers to dispose of without them being allowed to do so and also as no waste transfer note is obtained. Also, if this waste is placed into the customers' domestic waste bin, which is highly likely, then technically an offence is being committed under the illegal deposit of waste (commonly known as fly tipping, however there is much more to this offence than simply taking waste down a country lane and dumping it) in contravention of section 33 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and this is punishable through magistrates. I hope now you can appreciate this and cease carrying out this practice immediately."

So according to her its my waste therefore my free waste carriers license is correct !!! icon_smile.gif

This country is against the honest hard working man! We all should be bankers, at least we would still get bonuses when the stinky brown stuff hits the fan!

James

So as a DIYr and not a business I dont need to register to take my waste anywhere :)

So as a DIYr and not a business I dont need to register to take my waste anywhere :)
Yes - DIYs can do whatever they like and pay nothing. Even including transporting hazardous waste such as asbestos, old fridges and televisions to the local tip and disposing of them for nothing.

There's every incentive for people to do things wrongly, and no reason at all to do things properly.

But when you get there, if the staff did their job properly, it'd all get put in the correct container.
Instead, they'd rather sit in the hut and read page three.

Are people tryng to tell me that the local lay-by's don't like having construction rubbish fed to them?

Sponsored Links
Back