waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a credit card with my bank. They send me a statement monthly, if i use it. I made one transaction this month. Yet they still manage to make the statement 2 pages long. The only thing on the second page is the bank giro credit slip. The first page has a perforation for this, but its just an empty space below it. Simply because the writing on the statement comes too close to where the giro slip would begin (but there's still space here for it). The design of the statement is such that this even happens when the statement only has one entry.

So every month, my bank wastes a page of A4. For no reason. Anyone else got any stories of shameless waste? :LOL: (im bored this evening)

PS. i dont even use the giro slip! I pay it online! :evil:

Sponsored Links
How much wood, pulp, energy etc does it take to make 1 sheet of A4.Any guys who work or have worked in a paper mill might know

ricicle said:
How much wood, pulp, energy etc does it take to make 1 sheet of A4.Any guys who work or have worked in a paper mill might know
never mind that, its the principle. 500 customers later, and they've used a ream unnessecarily. Not only that, both sheets have writing on the back, "how to pay" etc, so it costs them even more, and uses more energy to make the paper before it reaches the bank's printers.

Sponsored Links
Will your bank not allow cancel your paper statments, and just view them online?

RF Lighting said:
Will your bank not allow cancel your paper statments, and just view them online?
Fair enough with bank statements, its a good idea, however, i'd always forget to pay a credit card off if they didn't send me a paper bill. HSBC dont offer paperless banking, AFAIK.

Sponsored Links
Back