Water softener advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a water softener to help out my wifes & daughters execma skin conditions, but there are so many options, and so much rubbish out there that I cannot figure out what is a decent system to buy.

Either want a whole house solution, or at the least, one I can fit for the bath & shower

If anyone has any knowledge or advice of good worthwhile systems, I would be very very grateful!

Sponsored Links
Make sure it's one that regenerates based on the water throughput, ie metered water, rather than every 24 hours whether it's exhausted on not.

Sponsored Links
I am no expert on the subject but have kinetico water softner installed for the past 17 years.
Apart from drinking &outside tap water rest of the house is softned water.there 3 of us in the
House & we use one pack block (2 salt blocks) a month cost £6 monthly.there was no break
Down call in first 12 years but had to put a call in the 15th year they are on the expensive
Side but they do the job & would not be without it.i donot work for them .just my experience
Of kinetico.but am sure there are more knowledge able guys on the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back