water under floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to check out under floor of No1 sons flat to see if there was enough room to fit a vent kit for a tumble drier in a mid room, 3' under floor so the only prob i thought i would have was dwarf walls to cut through.

What i found was about 4-5" of water!!!!!! looks clean but stagnant "flipping heck" (or words to that effect) i said, so before i fit the easy tumble drier hose i will need to go and get a wet vac then see what the prob is, hopefully tank overflow or something.

He has only been in the flat a couple of months so don't really have any history of the place.

How is it that these nice easy jobs can turn into monsters, he then says oh well you are on holiday so it will give you something to do, :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kirk, many houses have standing water under them. When it rains heavily, mine does. Its to do with the water table.

i will get a wet vac in the morning and will post if i find anything, i'm sure you all cant wait!!
not too sure about rain as i wont be too keen to have it there, i'm sure the plumbing will be causing it

Yeah. i cant wait to find out what it is.......i will be up all night :eek:

why do i want to tank the water rather than pour it down the loo (unless it is the loo that is leaking which means i will have the wet vac on hire for ever) :LOL:

I think Bumbly is suggesting you tank the underfloor space, if that's possible and affordable, rather than storing the water in a tank.

Are there any similar neighbouring properties, and do they have the same problem? If you can find out where the water is coming from and tackle it at source, so much the better. You don't want to leave a leaking water supply pipe, for example.

why do i want to tank the water rather than pour it down the loo (unless it is the loo that is leaking which means i will have the wet vac on hire for ever) :LOL:

To "Tank" means to stop the water coming in by lining the walls and floor with a waterproof lining, e.g. waterproof paint/bitumen etc. It's what you do to cellars, but may not be practical in this case due to inaccessibility.

I just meant "pump out the water first, then tank the underfloor space", not tank the water :LOL: Sorry for any confusion.

:oops: now thats its explained your comment was not confusing, i just misinterpreted it, as a plumber "tank" always means something to store water in,
Happy New Year to one and all

That's two days without sleep now worrying about your water. Any resolution yet?

Mike

sorry Mike, go to bed, couldnt get a wet vac from HSS on wed as hoped, if they are open i will get one on sat and let you know :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back