We LOVE Pyro

Securesparks - why you stripping joists?

I tend to use a joystripper!

Actually, I dont. I use a standard 'rotary stripper', available in a couple sizes for a range of cables sizes.

I have to leap to simons defence here, and It's not often I find lectrician to be in error but

63311085.jpg

;)

Sponsored Links
Years ago labour was cheap and hours could be spent dressing and making off Pyro. Nowadays when time is money and everything has to be done 'tomorrow' it is very rarely used on big contracts as it is too labour intensive.
Only very special installations would spec. it now.

I've noticed that more and more the big sites are using pyro for the fire alarms again.

Maybe they've realised that FP200 just isn't quite the same?

Pfft - I reckon I must have a chinese import :LOL:

(*sulks in corner because mine actually does say Joistripper too!)

Sponsored Links
Currently using pyro on an LED lighting project in Chester city centre it was specified by the client, all the existing lighting wiring on the job is HiTuff cable.

All of our pyro cable has been supplied by Wrexham mineral cables.

I've noticed that more and more the big sites are using pyro for the fire alarms again.

Round here the local authority specify it for fire alarms in public buildings if the existing is in pyro, not allowed to extend in fp even if someone else has tagged fp on. If existing is in fp, then fp enhanced is permitted

I'm a real man and just use side cutters :LOL:

Seriously though it's very rare for me to use anything bigger than 3l1.5 these days, so it's joistripper all the way...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back