We must be prepared to leave WHO over pandemic treaty

Sponsored Links
There is an argument that this whole thing could have been reduced had China been under obligation to report the epidemic at an early stage.

I doubt any rational person would even consider it to be arguable.

But the chances of them reporting anything: about as likely as anyone else doing the same, in a similar situation.

There is an argument that this whole thing could have been reduced had China been under obligation to report the epidemic at an early stage.
Not sure that is entirely fair as there are general techniques involved in handling new diseases. Some infections in a particular area is not an epidemic. No country is going to shut down on a whim and I'd suspect that any WHO ideas will take account of that fact.

China due to other instances had already made any lung diseases notifiable which is highly likely to have speeded things up but numbers are needed to conclude it's an epidemic. That applies to the WHO as it is.

Spread world wide - there is info from outfits like NERVTAG (may not have spelled that correctly) that explain why containment within a county has problems down to the modern world with people regularly travelling all over the place even where they are likely to go within a country when they get there.

So you appear to both be in favour of not having the treaty?

Sponsored Links
So you appear to both be in favour of not having the treaty?
No. Now we have direct experience, a real one it's worth looking at better methods of controlling it.

All I added was to point out that there isn't a dead simple solution. There is always likely to be spread until the serious nature of the problem becomes apparent.

For me the Drowning man analogy will stop it working. During the global lockdowns every country was pointing at their neighbour and saying they were concerned while covering up how bad it was in their own country.

During the global lockdowns every country was pointing at their neighbour and saying they were concerned while covering up how bad it was in their own country.
Divide and rule...

Designed to stop the ignorant from seeing the elephant in the room ;)

During the global lockdowns every country was pointing at their neighbour and saying they were concerned
My recollection of that mostly related to China that took a rather different route. That appeared to be severe lock downs etc with an aim of easing off when 80% of it's population was vaccinated - producing that themselves. Lots to do as well. Lots of various noises related as well. ;) Then videos showing them doing it.

Mask use varied and early comments in our case appeared to ignore why nurses and surgeons etc choose to use them. Might be due to needing them and availability. Comments about the use of IR cameras were interesting as well, Both by Head Nurse and not senior medics, ;) Me being suspicious.

“With the help of Nigel Farage in a Conservative government, as a Conservative minister, with Boris Johnson probably returning as foreign secretary and welcoming the likes of (Reform deputy) Ben Habib and (Reform leader) Richard Tice into our party, as well as pursuing genuinely conservative policies, winning the next election suddenly becomes within reach,” Rees-Mogg argued on his GB News show.

:LOL:

World government? Mr P. Nut and his pals should be more concerned about the nutjobs closer to home. Put the crack pipe down.

For me the Drowning man analogy will stop it working. During the global lockdowns every country was pointing at their neighbour and saying they were concerned while covering up how bad it was in their own country.
not sure thats true

Italian government and Spanish government both warned UK how bad things were.....whilst Boris goin around shaking hands with covid patients saying "dont worry it wont happen to us"

Farage is fronting the campaign group Action on World Health (AWH), which was registered on Companies House last week. The AWH’s website lists supporters including the Tory MPs Henry Smith, Philip Davies and David Jones, as well as peers and others. Companies House filings show that it has three directors including the barrister Paul Diamond, whose work has included high-profile cases on behalf of socially conservative Christians and cases where the use of vaccines has been disputed.

The UK health minister Andrew Stephenson urged MPs in parliament this week to dismiss what he described as myths being spread about the treaty, which the UK is considering whether or not to support. Lockdown mandates are not part of the deal and a claim by Farage that the treaty would require countries to give away 20% of their vaccines was “simply not true”, said Stephenson.

His comments were echoed by the WHO directly. Responding to AWH’s claims, a spokesperson said a draft of the treaty reaffirmed “the principle of sovereignty” of member states.

The grauniad

'Socially Conservative Christians'. Evangelicals. Those far right fukwits spread their bullshine as far as they can. There's nothing they wouldn't do in order to upset the Global institutions put in place to protect our human rights and health.

Sponsored Links
Back