Covid cases Hospital Admissions & Deaths Rising - Should Masks Return?

I'm just getting over covid and how it gums up the top of lungs plus makes you feel unwell is not nice.
Comes and goes in 4 ish days although I'm still not right on day 10.

I'm just getting over covid now, even when considered "mild" its still pretty nasty, I still feel a bit sh1t TBH

A few years ago it was fashionable to call the illness that you have got "man flu".

Sponsored Links
A few years ago it was fashionable to call the illness that you have got "man flu".
Oddly (or not), since the outbreak of Covid, I've not been ill with anything else other than Covid - which was August last year.

Every cloud eh.

Sponsored Links
Is anyone suffering from 'long man-flu'.
Ha..
Yeah me.

Day 11 now and voice not come back.
Still coughing.
Gunk still on lungs and feel like sit.

Flow testis first clear one. Been going for walks over field but ffs! I can't have this hanging on. I've got to get back to work so going tomorrow as pulled off a job 2 weeks ago.

Oddly (or not), since the outbreak of Covid, I've not been ill with anything else other than Covid - which was August last year.

Every cloud eh.

That's exactly my point Nosey; covid is just the current version of a cold or the flu. If it hadn't been hyped up into a megastar cash cow pandemic we would have just got on with things as normal.

I would not say it was like cold or flu. How anyone without lung trouble or other health problems ain't in hospital is beyond me. It was so bad for 3 days I thought I needed medical help but there is nothing that can be done. Just grit teeth and get through it.

Do people not realise that covid has mutated and changed over the couple of years? What we are dealing with now can't be compared with the first or second form. Plus of course, thanks to those that had the vaccine, we all now benefit from a higher degree of protection.

I'm just getting over covid and how it gums up the top of lungs plus makes you feel unwell is not nice.
Comes and goes in 4 ish days although I'm still not right on day 10.
Second time in 2 years I've had it but I think that people have thrown in towel and just getting on with life, even with 4.5m inflected but that will drop .

I had similar symptoms with it when I went down with it last month. Initially thought it was just a bad cold, because my brother had a bad cold two weeks earlier and kept testing negative. I was abroad at the time, and when I got home I tested myself and it was positive. When I was still away, thinking it was just a cold, I was still able to go out for drinks and meals. Although I felt a bit rough, I didn't have the weakness you usually get with flu, etc. Still have a bit of residual chestiness almost a month on, but nothing to worry about.

Very badly inflamed sinuses and bad chest were my main symptoms. Couple of nights I was lying on my side in bed and as inhaled some mucus shifted and stopped the air going into my lungs. Had to inhale harder to shift it. After this, I can easily see how it can get worse and overwhelm someone's respiratory system. The positive tests on my return were quite sobering. Having lost two frinds in their 50s to Covid, all sorts of thoughts go through your mind. Luckily I was triple jabbed and they say The Omnicron version, while being more infectious, is less harmful. Hopefully it's all now going the way of Spanish Flu, but nothing's guaranteed.

Last edited:
I had it in January. No symptoms at all and wouldn't have even known but my wife works in a health centre and has to test twice a week. She came up positive and the next thing I know were are down the test centre. Both positive. My wife felt like she had a cold - I felt nothing at all. I suspect virtually everybody has had it but the majority wouldn't have known about it.

One thing I'm surprised at is that more hasn't come out as to why some people get it bad and others don't. It feels like it must be something genetic, but I'm not a clinical molecular geneticist so can't be sure?

People?
Anti-vaxx Covid deniers you can lump in with flat earthers and moon landings fruit-loops. These nutjobs take some convincing to breathe out after breathing in.
There are two different types of people in the world, those who want to know, and those who want to believe.

Friedrich Nietzsche

One thing I'm surprised at is that more hasn't come out as to why some people get it bad and others don't.

So far they have failed to find any reason with people that shouldn't suffer much from catching it. Perhaps we have evolved to have slightly different immune systems so that some do survive rather that the species being wiped out. Flu has caused a dramatic numbers of deaths in some island populations. Once that phase is over they are as resistant to it as northerners are. Suppose it's the same with covid but that needs artificial help or deaths would be higher - even higher if treatment wasn't available when it's needed.

The number of people with it according to the NOS survey drops a bit every week but reinfection can't be ruled out. The usual testing figures aren't seen as reliable any more.

Sponsored Links
Back