Have you had Covid Recently, What Was It Like?

Reaction score
Country
Palau
Have you had Covid last during the previous 4months or so and if so it was most probably Omicorn.

We had it a few weeks ago. It was much like any severe cold. We took tests early on the LFT, home tests were negative but on day three they were positive, We alerted our children, etc.

Our children and grandchild who we look after school as parents are working from home had it. He is under the age of 7 and was first to show signs of a severe cold.

We all tested positive on the LFT, nose swipe test. We then took the Gold standard test the next day at a centre we all got the results the next day as positive.

The grandson had a temp for a few days and severe cold and lethargic and recovered by day 7 after test and full recovery from visible symptoms about 10/14 days.

All adults, 5 of us had a severe cold and then two days of lower end of flu-like symptoms. Recovered from symptoms by day 10 mostly. One adult who is severely asthmatic was quite severe and had asthma attacks but just about avoided hospital treatment with steroids tablets and inhalers.

The LFT test on med showed as having Covid for over two weeks since initial postive.

Have you had covid and symptoms and tested positive and did you suffer? Have you had Covid before and was that severe.

I've noted the figures for new Covid cases have rocketed last few days this ties in with the demasking. Personally, we were masks if in shops but on a night out a place to eat last night we did not. IMO, shows masks hold back Covid hence the very high figures last few days and rising as well as hospital admission

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60709712

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60709712

EDIT:
PS: For all of us bar one that had asthma. Most severe symptoms were for about two days and felt like mild flu IE aches and pains and wanted to stay in bed but able to get up and do light stuff then gradual improvement. Aches and pains inc headaches for 2 days after running nose, sneezing like a severe cold to start off with and sore throats for all of us.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Dunno if I have had it or not

been tested ounce a few months ago prior to being allowed into a film set

other than that I don’t have a scooby

Peoples experiences are mixed hence some finishing up in hospital. Some having various forms of long covid and etc - some of those have been shown to be down to brain changes. It's not clear if all of these needed a hospital when they had it. Loss of smell and confusion sorts of things figure.

:eek:Only way to find out is to catch it. Obviously jabs to get it over as quickly as possible are a good idea. Pity they aren't perfect but our capabilities in that area are limited. Nature is better at it.

The scariest thing about me getting COVID was the breathing.

I have asthma and was given an oximeter. The first couple of readings I got were low enough to go to hospital with. I waited and did the test again and it was up one percentage point.

Sponsored Links
I have it right now, my daughter tested positive a few days ago and I tested positive yesterday on LFT.

Day 2 and so far, worse than yesterday but still just very similar symptoms to a common cold. Only started to get a bit of a chesty cough... I really don't care about feeling ill, just so long as my lungs are good.

We bought one of those oximeter things, piece of mind IMO
The fera of Covid is severe symptoms as we have had friends that had Delta over a year
ago and a couple ended up in hospital. They because slightly unwell then a bit better then it kicked off a few days later.
Non went on ventilators but were close.
We have family that had it before it all kicked off and people many idiots were mocking it as the "flu..nothing to worry about for most" - the family person has long-covid we believe and is half the person they were physically and has affected mental health to a lesser degree. They have been on almost constant steroids since but we don't think

This doing away with masks in shops/enclosed spaces I'm certain of has kicked off the covid thing again. When we go to see parents who are elderly frail we will wear a mask and take LFT its common sense.

Importantly, when this is over many anti-vaxers will need to be properly investigated inc world leaders that trashed some vaccines without any real evidence that resulted to many more deaths IMO.

Had it the week after new year very faint head cold for a day mrs got it 6 days later the same only tested myself because mate i had been sitting with new years day was positive who also had mild symptoms , Spoke to loads who have had it since xmas vast majority say same slight cold symptoms .

Have you had Covid Recently, What Was It Like?

Survivor bias means that none of the people with severe effects will post.

The dead ones never will, and the ones in ITU or on ventilators currently cannot.

This will skew the results of the poll.

many anti-vaxers will need to be properly investigated
which ones? All of them? Who will round them up? Does that include the people left brain damaged or permanently compromised from it ,and since decided it’s not a good idea?
Good luck with investigating world leaders. Putin’s killing tens of thousands with impunity and nobody dare go near him. What planet are you on ?

Thank you to those that posted about their experiences.
Many are still worried and like to read first hand to reassure themselves possibly
by reading positive outcomes.

Sadly, the usual usernames possibly with more than one username here come in and trash threads
and therefore I won't be contributing to this thread again just like one other.

Good luck and keep on testing yourselves as the last thing you, anyone wants is to unwittingly
pass it on to a frailer person/s.

Thank you.

2 years ago not nice.
Fever
Loss of smell
Felling ill.

New year 2022 it came again but I felt a bit run down with a runny nose for 48h. Then it was gone although my test was negative but for Mrs she had a bad cold with several positive tests.

I'd say its a mild to bad cold for some. Many won't know they have it but some will be much worse.

Sponsored Links
Back