We need more like him.

Sponsored Links
What I find bemusing is that you (and BAS) seem to like democracy but only if it produces the 'right' result.
What I find bemusing is the way that you make that assertion when it flatly contradicts the answer I gave when you asked about it.

Actually - no I don't, because you are one of those people who doesn't give a flying **** about facts, and truth.

Sponsored Links
Actually - no I don't, because you are one of those people who doesn't give a flying **** about facts, and truth.

You couldn't be further from the truth, facts and truth are vital.

What I do find sad is that you seem to resort to abuse when any of your posts are challenged or anybody disagrees with your somewhat arrogant, know-all attitude.

You could try reasoned debate or simply attempt to slap down those who disagree with you.

edit: typo corrected

Last edited by a moderator:
So the wishes of 650 individuals trump's the wishes of 17.4 million individuals.
What was the point of the referendum if parliament ignores the result.
The reason for the referendum in the first place was because parliament couldn't be trusted to reflect the true wishes of the electorate.
So is there absolutely nothing that the electorate could wish for which you think Parliament should say "no" to?

I'm not sure what part of MPs doing what they believe is in people's best interests rather than just slavishly doing what people tell them to do is so hard for you to accept.

Because, fundamentally, I don't believe that a significant number of MP's are acting in "people's best interest".

Out of interest, did you agree with the government's decision to go to war in 2003?

It would appear that a significant proportion of the population were against the decision but the government decided that (I assume in our "best interests") to go to war was the correct decision.

So is there absolutely nothing that the electorate could wish for which you think Parliament should say "no" to?

And, by the same logic, is there absolutely nothing which parliament could do that the electorate should say "no" to?

It would appear that a significant proportion of the population were against the decision
But not a significant majority. A greater percentage supported the war than those that supported Brexit in the last ref.

I guess the electorate can be wrong - often.

Last edited:
But not a significant majority.

The last large poll (March)

63% against
26% in favour
11% undecided

That's a significant majority and yet the government decided to go to war - was that decision in our "best interest"?

53% were in favour of the war. Pretty gung-ho about it too. I remember everyone beating their chests about the cruel dictator Saddam and how he needed to be removed immediately.

63% dream on lol.

Sponsored Links
Back