We Won!

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

My lot won the local elections on Thursday, achieving 68 % overall and in some places almost 80%, wow wow wow!

Yes, the abstainers won. There were some of the lowest turnouts ever seen. Fewer turned out than in the covid years. In Hull, only 22% of the electorate voted.

Thank God then for democracy, showing us that most of the population are unrepresented and want nothing to do with the corrupt system. I'd like to give a special thank you to the people of Hull.... who can now wear their "We didn’t vote for all this shlt" badges with great pride.

Sponsored Links
My lot won the local elections on Thursday, achieving 68 % overall and in some places almost 80%, wow wow wow!

Yes, the abstainers won. There were some of the lowest turnouts ever seen. Fewer turned out than in the covid years. In Hull, only 22% of the electorate voted.

Thank God then for democracy, showing us that most of the population are unrepresented and want nothing to do with the corrupt system. I'd like to give a special thank you to the people of Hull.... who can now wear their "We didn’t vote for all this shlt" badges with great pride.

Make voting compulsory. I agree.

People not turning out is voter suppression through the pushing of the notion all parties are the same and nothing will ever change creating voter apathy.

Make voting compulsory like driving licenses to drive cars.

Make voting over a number of days and not just one day.

It's not hard to get people to vote it's easier to make people think that their votes don't count.

Make voting compulsory. I agree.

People not turning out is voter suppression through the pushing of the notion all parties are the same and nothing will ever change creating voter apathy.

Make voting compulsory like driving licenses to drive cars.

Make voting over a number of days and not just one day.

It's not hard to get people to vote it's easier to make people think that their votes don't count.
What if you genuinely don’t think any party is worth a vote ? Is that compulsory vote not wasted then.

Sponsored Links
Lol. The far right did really poorly. UKIP, brexiteer darlings etc did shít. Sorry to be the bearer boyo.

The lies they are fed are now being paid- where are all the Brexit benefits? They are always over the hill.

The problem this country faces is an aging population and a lack of natural resources, so we need to sell services but to sell services we need some sort of legal framework to make it easier (the EU provided that) so now we still want to sell to the EU and meet their requirements but then we still have to meet the differing requirements of the dwindling UK market.

What will happen is that we will either just align with the EU regulations and then not participate in forming them or we will just try cut standards so much in a race to the bottom where no one will want our products and services.

Stupidity has a name its called Brexit.

Democracy means a choice. It wouldnt be democratic to force people to vote!
No Democracy means rule by the people for the people and currently there is vote suppression and apathy.

Would you let people drive without taking a driving test?

No Democracy means rule by the people for the people and currently there is vote suppression and apathy.

Would you let people drive without taking a driving test?

Woof!

What if you genuinely don’t think any party is worth a vote ? Is that compulsory vote not wasted then.
You can always spoil ghe voting slip. Making the point reinforced if that's how you feel

The lies they are fed are now being paid- where are all the Brexit benefits? They are always over the hill.
Actually I think those 'benefits' can be found on a brexit planet populated by unicorns and called Your Anus!

I strongly believe you should vote people have literally died on the way to universal suffrage.
Non of the above should be a option!
At last general election I was faced with only 2 candidates one far left other far right so I put a single line through ballot paper and wrote none.
Plus why need for photo id to vote in person but no need for postal ballot? Or for a proxy vote?

Sponsored Links
Back