Weird alarm last night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a galaxy g2-12 last night went to set b4 bed, got to panel and it said alert ?(not heard any sounds) so checked it out said batt missing
Tried to set but wouldn’t .
This is the weird sh*t
Went to change batt as soon as I unplugged all power went including mains (even though green light on Oct was still on ) outside bell started to ring
Powered everything down replaced batt powered up inside sounder was trying to sound and random bleeps from panel
I ended up disconnecting everything including outside bell (it was now 11pm )
So my question is (is it f**ked)
Thanks

Sponsored Links
not sure I follow and don't know galaxy systems.

battery missing suggests that the system cant detect the battery, I expect its referring to the main panel battery.

However your saying you unplugged the battery and the mains power went off???

Ye said batt missing but there was one in if was going flat and needed replacement I thought the system would let you know and when I removed the battery the key pad was powering back up as though all power was removed and lost time/etc .all codes stayed the same .

Not familiar with the galaxy so not usre its a quirk for that particular version or normal behaviour for a flat battery.

sounds like protection kicked in for the flat battery and when removed the mains power powered things up.

Galaxyguy is the galaxy expert on here.....

Sponsored Links
Right think the problem was power supply with everything disconnected then power up first no power
Connect battery it comes to life
Remove power fuse
Keypad alerts power gone
However remove battery all goes dead

Yeah, sounds like the voltage regulator has gone on the PCB. The charge circuit probably got confused with that, as it performs a charge check every so often.

Ive uninstalled that and I’ve tried to install a rf portal to my g2 20 with no joy I’ve connected to a and b and power same as the old alarm but panel doesn’t seem to read it? When I leave engineer I thought it would fine new modules , I’m still trying with no joy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back