Well, my kitchen refit has ground to a halt before it’s even started! Suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone see a way around this problem? I want to replace the existing with the new but the new units are too tall and will foul on the RSJ. I could swap the door and panel around as per the picture and cut out the panel to go round the RSJ. I’d then have to have the top trim end and start at the RSJ and look as if it’s going through it but honestly, will that look shìt? Any suggestions? The units are 2118mm tall excluding the top trim and I only have 2100 from the floor to the bottom of the joist. Only other suggestion is look at other makes of kitchen to see if they are slightly shorter but Mrs Mottie is set on this Magnet one.

Existing:

IMG_6109.jpeg

Proposed: (line on RSJ shows where cabinet will come to excluding top trim)

Suggestion to swap door and panel to allow panel to be cut around RSJ)

IMG_6110.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Units 2118mm including the legs?

Couldn’t you just fit smaller legs or a couple of blocks of wood underneath instead to reduce the units on that side by 20mm?

Sponsored Links
Just done my kitchen and B and q have two height options - ikea have and wicks and they are all different heights between them

How thick is the floor covering? You've measured from FFL to beam? If the floor covering is thick enough the units will be lower if they're not sat on FFC

Can you add a narrow unit underneath the RSJ -a spice cabinet and cut it down to fit under the rsj

Units 2118mm including the legs?

Couldn’t you just fit smaller legs or a couple of blocks of wood underneath instead to reduce the units on that side by 20mm?

Seconded, reduce the plinth height. Also those large cornices are a little old hat now, small oblong trim looks more contemporary.

edit: thirded after Trazor.

Seconded, reduce the plinth height. Also those large cornices are a little old hat now, small oblong trim looks more contemporary.

edit: thirded after Trazor.
Most don’t bother with cornice and plelmet now

Sponsored Links
Back