wet bricks under my window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year we had problems with ants where they got in cavity of outside wall under my window I grouted brick joints where they were getting in now bricks seem wet and cold/ damp to touch what is wrong please advise

Sponsored Links
Last year we had problems with ants where they got in cavity of outside wall under my window I grouted brick joints where they were getting in now bricks seem wet and cold/ damp to touch what is wrong please advise

What sort of grout?

Pictures would be nice.

Do you know where the damp proof course is? Unless that window is very low in the room it looks like the slabs may be above the DPC.

Sponsored Links
Assuming that it's not just heavy rain driving onto the slabs/brick it suggests your DPC may be faulty. It may be that the reason the ants got in was the pointing crumbling as a result of damp you had not noticed.

Sorry that's not much help I'm afraid.

looks like the dpc has been pointed over , maybe bridging it

Its the conduit below the cill thats causing it.

The waters dripping from the cill onto the conduit then running down the face of the brick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back