Wetherspoon to stop selling champagne and prosecco

Sponsored Links
I doubt it. Prosecco is hardly one of their greatest exports.

I was thinking that, but to be fair, the post stream leads back to a quoted point about champagne, so I gave Bodd the benefit....afterall he is quite well travelled.

Sponsored Links
35.8 million gallons of Prosecco was sold last year, an increase of 5 per cent on the previous 12 months.

Are you suggesting that English sparkling wine is rubbish?

English sparkling wine is set to oust French champagne in many restaurants, pubs and Christmas dinner tables following sterling’s decline, which has made it the same price as or cheaper than EU rivals.

Fuller’s has replaced its French house champagne, Collet, with English sparkling wine across its 500 UK pubs following a successful trial last year, and reports sales up by 50%. Its five English sparkling wines occupy the “house” slots at around £40 on its lists, with remaining champagnes kicking in at over £50.

[QUOTE="noseall, post: 4163662, member: 28558"

The French won't kick up a stink.
[/QUOTE]

We are a big market for Champagne, I think they will feel it and let Macron know about it.

We are a big market for Champagne, I think they will feel it and let Macron know about it.
We (the British) have not stopped buying Champagne.

However, we the British are leaving the EU so some of your statement is true.

We are a big market for Champagne, I think they will feel it and let Macron know about it.[/QUOTE]We (the British) have not stopped buying Champagne.

However, we the British are leaving the EU so some of your statement is true.[/QUOTE]

What part do you believe to be true

What part do you believe to be true
We are leaving the EU.
The British are still buying Champagne.
Wetherspoons are looking to stop selling Champagne.
Brexit is having a detrimental effect to the economy due to the slump in the pound.
The French, as well as a lot of other EU countries are concerned about Brexit.
UK businesses will have to adapt and some already have.
A lot of UK businesses will fold, some already have.

Sponsored Links
Back