What’s average price per sqm2?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi can anyone please help

I want to build a 40 square single story brick Home just a standard build Home in shepparton Victoria

My block has nearly zero fill and it is facing the north and there is easy access to the estate only convenants is at the back fence line where the sewage pipes are

3 wet areas - “ensuite , “bathroom “laundry

Lounge room

Billiard room

4 bedrooms

Cinema room

Living area

Study room

i want to use a house company and do my own custom plan Home there are a hand full

Of house company’s in my area that allow this which also allow to use your own tradies

I have my own house tiler and I have my own concreter so hopefully I’ll save some money there

what would the rough price be to build this

thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi does anyone have a rough idea What the average price to build per sqm2 is?
I live in shepparton Victoria

Mizlong, good evening [my time zone]

You may not realise it but? you have posted on a UK site?

I have no idea at all about build costs at this distance?

Ken

Sponsored Links
Do builders down under not just keep working as long as you throw shrimps on the barbie and provide cold tinnies?

Sometimes works up here in the far frozen north.

Feed them haggis and bottles of Buckfast.

Squiffy builders and squiffy walls?

30 second google:

Cost To Build A House Per Square Metre
A lot of builders and home owners talk about the cost to build a house in terms of dollars per square metre. The way this is calculated is by taking the total cost of the build and dividing it by the total floorspace of the home (not the land). I am personally not a massive fan of these calculations as the cost per square foot for a kitchen or bathroom is going to cost a lot more than the cost per square foot for an empty room. Thus your calculations can quickly become inaccurate if you are creating a large kitchen or bathroom space in the home. None the less it is an important measurement so here is a rough estimate of cost per square metre different types of houses may cost you.

Project Homes (basic) – $620-$780/square metre

Project Home (deluxe) – $1,000 – $3,000/square metre

Custom Built Homes – $1,500 – $3,000/square metre

Deluxe Customer Built Homes – $2,500 – $4,000+/square metre

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back