What’s everyone doing for a holiday this year ?

Think it was this road that we parked.
Screenshot_20230821_201010_Maps.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230821_201010_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230821_201010_Maps.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
There was a left turning before a build up of traffic B&B's either side.
Best way I can describe.

Just parked on side of road. Free

It was a long walk through the sheep fields, a nice walk.

Green area was the car parks, centre of red circle was where we got the courtesy coach which was very near to where we parked.

IMG_5343.jpeg

Screenshot_20230821_212129_Chrome~2.jpg

Didn't goas far as you. It looks to me that we turned left @ green circles.
Parked red dotish
Walked yellow line.
Screenshot_20230821_212129_Chrome~2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Got back from my holiday to Brittany. Driving in France is absolutely wonderful, open roads, no problems.
Got back to the UK to find half my junctions closed, diversions, and chaos on the roads!

Got back from my holiday to Brittany. Driving in France is absolutely wonderful, open roads, no problems.
Got back to the UK to find half my junctions closed, diversions, and chaos on the roads!
…..and motorway service stations like absolute shîtholes.

Been to Bulgaria this year, great country, well organised and cheap.
Sunshine every day.
Resorts a bit 80s retro, but food ok.
Restaurants are expensive for tourists, cheap outside tourist areas.
Peculiar thing was that there were lots and lots of Ukrainians on holiday and when asked about the war their answer was "nothing to do with us" :unsure::unsure::unsure:

…..and motorway service stations like absolute shîtholes.

I posted the following in Sept 2018
Meanwhile, I have just driven back from the dordogne.
80 mph on their motorway (which is our dual carriageway).
And, no lane closure / speed restriction, for the gully sweeper that was cleaning the central gutter.

I did over a thousand miles, and not a hint of bother.
Back in Portsmouth, however:
On the way out, almost hit by three children (too young to be youths), all on the same motorbike, with no helmets on. Saturday morning, town centre.
On the way back around 2300, gawping lackwit was hogging the middle lane within ten minutes of leaving the port: rolling on and off their accelerator, and generally p!ssing me (in the inside lane) off.
Then, a34 closed at Oxford.
Then, m42 down to 50, despite it being empty.
Then, toll road down to hard shoulder only, for an army of vehicles to piddle about (it's a fairly new, lightly-used motorway, so why?)

What a faff about this country is......
T'was ever thus....................

Sponsored Links
Back