Holidays

It's a difficult call - on the one hand you want to give them variety, but on the other flights and accommodation are expensive. And then there is of course the purpose of the visit - the trouble with the great "wonders" of the world is that they are so touristy, but yet are the most reasonably priced as a package deal. Plus of course, it may not exactly interest them (I now have a complete disdain for stately homes, having been dragged round so many when I was a sprog).

So, in answer to your question - I don't know :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know what your saying dex... even a safari these days seem to be 'staged'.... but i think Disney, Busch gardens, epcot, nasa etc are an essential... of and skiing?

Sponsored Links
As Dextrous says, you have to take your kids in to consideration. You might think you have booked the perfect holiday (no such thing), but the kids might not like wandering around ancient Greek, Egyptian, whatever ruins. Seeing Whales, Kangaroos, Penguins, Lions Giraffes etc might not be very high on the kids's priorities. I'll bet they'd be happy with , swimming in the pool everyday, swimming in the sea (and feeding the myriads of fish by hand ) everyday, playing on the sand etc etc. You have the possibility to place the world at your kids feet, but they won't see it the way that we adults would.
I still think that Disney World Paris ,,, is wasted on kids !!! They should have adult days, weeks only... Bloody great rides there!!!.

We took two grandkids to Majorca a few years ago and honestly, although they were grateful, they have forgot about it now..
But don't let me put you off,, Take your kids and explore this wide wide world we have before us, before it's too late and the cost of travel becomes extortionate...
After all we only live on one planet,,, would be a shame not to see at least some of it. ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
May I recommend the stately homes of England, plus the castles of Wales as an excellent starting point :eek:

May I recommend the stately homes of England, plus the castles of Wales as an excellent starting point :eek:

and of course the many thousands of castles and keeps this side of the border you may have missed in your youth dex. :D

In 2001 I had £10,000 put my way :D :D :D and my first thought was a new car but then I said to the 3 sprogs do you fancy florida and after booking it and arriving there the smiles on their faces was something that will stay with me forever and we had the time of our lives...if I had got a new car it would probably been getting crushed by now and a long lost memory...done the usual Majorca, Tenerife,Turkey rounds but nothing beats Disneyland and the memories.We have got this years holiday booked but 2011 its Florida for us again

Anything but a cruise......never been so bored in me life, with stoopid photographers popping up all the time dressed as Brer Rabbit :rolleyes:
Fell in love with France years ago and go there often - recommended :p
John :)

after booking it and arriving there the smiles on their faces was something that will stay with me forever and we had the time of our lives
Know exactly what you mean our two were 6yr and 8yr old the first time we went and walking down mainstreet Disney Magic Kingdom is something I'll never forget.

I have three kids (aged 4,8,11) and have spent most of my adult life trying to save and pay off my mortgage. But the other day i suddenly decided i've got it all wrong... and i think i should try to get the kids all around the world, and holiday in all the places that could mould their lives.

So add to the mortgage, and holiday twice a year for the next five years...

Where would you suggest i take them... Florida? Safari? Australia? China? Skiing? Cruise?

Any thoughts welcome...
France - to the Normandy beaches. Berlin to the site of the Wall. Aus to Botany bay. Then tell them about what happens when people want to mould other people`s lives :idea: Then back to the City of London and tell them why you spent years grafting to pay a mortgage ;)

Sponsored Links
Back