What an option for a new car!

The police call the 1/2 a mile either end of a moving police car "The Safety Zone" because everyone drives as if they were on their driving test.

I was a witness to a police car in right place at the right time moment a few weeks ago, mate and I walking to the pub, long straight resedential road 30mph limit, boy racer corsa with obligatory 2 foot wide exhaust pipe comes towards us doing a good 50mph :evil:

then 10 seconds later a police volvo with all the lights on, fantastic, hope he lost his licence, it's the only way to stop the in town speeders, anything over 40 in a 30 should be a 1 month ban :evil:

Sponsored Links
have just had my car made a little bit quicker?308 bhp,0-60 in 6 secs,but still have not had a chance to use even a little of the cars full potential :cry: i'm 40 so i'm not a nutty boy racer either.

Anyone there around Oxford? Seems to me to be the centre of the keep-to-the-limit universe.
Was there in the summer driving a car with cruise control. For about 20 miles around Oxford, on any kind of road including dual carriageways I was never passed while driving at the speed limit - and I didn't have blue lights or a helmet :D :D

Sponsored Links
darren61 said:
then 10 seconds later a police volvo with all the lights on, fantastic, hope he lost his licence, it's the only way to stop the in town speeders, anything over 40 in a 30 should be a 1 month ban :evil:

If it was anything like the Chaviots they drive round here, it probably had several illegal "modifications" too, no doubt a producer would have been served to get rid of the blue lights on the washer jets, ground lighting, illegally loud exhaust and so on. :LOL:

A couple of weeks ago I saw someone get stopped for speeding by a police car, literally within a couple of seconds of the police car leaving the police station!

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
have just had my car made a little bit quicker?308 bhp,0-60 in 6 secs,but still have not had a chance to use even a little of the cars full potential :cry: i'm 40 so i'm not a nutty boy racer either.

Blimey, what has it done to your insurance premiums? :eek: What a wonderful thing turbocharged cars are, you get a lot of bang for your buck when it comes to tuning them.

No point in getting mine tuned. Courtenay, Regal et al can fiddle with my engine to get up to 160bhp or so, but I might as well just trade it in and buy a faster car! :LOL: Would probably be cheaper too.

Sponsored Links
Back