What are you watching on TV right now?

Herculaneum was empty of people 'sall, when the ash came. Not much of it dug up even now. I remember some stuff's better preserved though. Seen a few other of those ruin places, under duress, they sort of merge in the mind.
Herculaneum was mainly covered in mud, not ash, so actual skeletons survived. They are still digging it up these days. We visited about 15 years ago - it’s surprising how deep they have to dig down before they reach it. They even had a sewerage system when we were running around like savages. Plenty of take away shops there and they had an early Pizza Hut! I found it really interesting.

223149E3-51E1-466D-926D-E96D52E163CA.jpeg3F7A8866-F344-481D-AC9A-FDE29BFBD1E8.jpegE65AE5D8-B3AF-4470-A436-1D3890FD92C7.jpeg02882CF3-F809-48DD-9A1E-701885738447.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Skyline webcams. I have the app on kodi my firestick. I like seeing live cams from around the world. Our daughter and her husband are celebrating their first anniversary in Rome. Been looking at it and it’s pîssing down. You can also access it Here: It’s great to see what the weather is like in different places around the world.

Sponsored Links
Skyline webcams. I have the app on kodi my firestick. I like seeing live cams from around the world. Our daughter and her husband are celebrating their first anniversary in Rome. Been looking at it and it’s pîssing down. You can also access it Here: It’s great to see what the weather is like in different places around the world.
Mrs Mottie received a text from our daughter saying she was at the Pantheon. We put the Skyline webcams on and told her to look up and smile. Mrs Mottie waved at her to get her attention!

92A8D0C9-9528-4CCE-8198-D27B6E81FE58.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got screenshots of my partner waving to me on the Skyline webcams at La Plaza de España en Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the webcam in Puerto de la cruz Tenerife. It was fun trying to get her in the right position, no puns please :giggle:

Back in the 60s a local factory had a camera installed at a remote gate, we used to wave at it whilst other mates looked through the gatehouse window at the small b&w monitor, we knew how to live

Herculaneum was mainly covered in mud, not ash, so actual skeletons survived. They are still digging it up these days. We visited about 15 years ago - it’s surprising how deep they have to dig down before they reach it. They even had a sewerage system when we were running around like savages. Plenty of take away shops there and they had an early Pizza Hut! I found it really interesting.

View attachment 301038View attachment 301039View attachment 301040View attachment 301041
I remembered all the people had left H because they were warned - maybe I got that wrong.
Jerash was impressive for what's standing and Leptis Magna for size. That's a lifetime's worth of effin ruins afa I'm concerned. I had to be dragged round them.
Are those ovens? So they are. I thought they were bogs.

Last edited:
I was much amused to see the Hammers come back to hold the Arsenal to a draw: it keeps the Moyesiah safe in his job and able to slowly sand away the fans will to live for another season. It keeps the title race interesting and on a knife edge up to the clash between the Gooners and Citeh on the 26th.
Newcastle lost, Totteringham do what they usually do at this stage of the season, making a right balls up of it all...and United won, keeping Forest in the drop zone. All in all, a good weekend.
Meanwhile; Chelsea...:ROFLMAO: @Bod ...?

Super Mario brothers the movie. Got our Grandson staying over tonight. Chicken nuggets and chips for tea and no alcohol! :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Back