What are you watching on TV right now?

Sponsored Links

Since a.m. means before noon, noon cannot be a.m.

Since p.m. means after noon, noon cannot be p.m.

Since midnight is equidistant from two noons, it is neither one nor the other.

Are you taller than yourself, or shorter than yourself?

Sponsored Links
Did you not state that it is not AM, nor PM? 12:00 is non binary then :idea::sneaky:

noon is not before itself, nor is it after itself.

So the a.m. and the p.m. cannot be correct.

But 12 noon does exist.

Are you your own younger brother? Or your own older brother?

Last edited:
Let's just go with convention as per the the Royal Museum, Greenwich, eh? Beats me how an argument can start with 12PM. Yes, technically neither 12PM or 12AM are 'correct' but when it is written down as 12PM, we all know it's noon and not midnight which is how this all started.

"When using a 12-hour clock, 12 pm typically refers to noon and 12 am means midnight. While most people follow this convention, technically this isn’t quite right".

https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/noon-12-am-or-12-pm

"When using a 12-hour clock, 12 pm typically refers to noon and 12 am means midnight. While most people follow this convention, technically this isn’t quite right".

I just set all my clocks, watches and phones - when they can be set - to 24 hour. It so much simpler and no confusion.

Currently watching 11.22.63 about some bloke who goes back in time to prevent the assassination of JFK. Watchable when there's nothing else on.

Going to start The Bay on ITV previous series have been good but the lead actress has changed, some local content too

Just finished binging series 3 of Afterlife. Funny how a programme can make you laugh and cry. Worth a watch.

Just finished binging series 3 of Afterlife. Funny how a programme can make you laugh and cry. Worth a watch.

It took me a few years to get 'the office', 'extras' was OK, 'derek' was abysmal. I've always liked Ricky Gervais stand up stuff, his films are quite good, 'cemetary junction' is very good.
Afterlife I think is one of the best written series I've ever seen, to write something with such depth that can as you say make you laugh and cry in turn is the work of a genius.
He's right not to do another series, the story is complete and Ricky bows out on a high.

Episode 2 of The Bay, similar sub plot to previous series where cops family member is tied up with investigation, sticking with it

Dope sick is a drama with actors, it’s real.

my knowledge is real.

I binge-watched Dopesick over the weekend. It is the true story of the Sacklers and Oxycontin, although many of the characters are "composites" i.e. the stories of several real people rolled into one character. One of these was, guess what? A black lesbian. Not only that but she worked in a mine in the Appalachian mountains. Wonder how many black lesbian miners there were in Appalachia in reality?

It was a good series nevertheless. Spookily, the last thing I watched about the Oxycontin drug scandal was "The Pharmacist", which was on TV just before the start of the current pseudopandemic.

Sponsored Links
Back