What are your thoughts on this please.

A friends first house had a cast iron cutout, neither that nor the meter had any seals. We removed their polished backboards from the wall for damp treatment. I'd carefully marked the 6 black rubber single insulated tails at the c/o and meter before disconnecting them and junked the 2 fuse boxes [should have kept them as they were polished oak and glass]. I provided a temporary service using T&E between c/o and temp location of meter, 30A switched fuse and a couple of used DSSOs.
When I reinstated the service with new tails I reconnected 'as was' with the L tails to the centre terminals. Called SEEBoard to come and seal and he noticed the error and corrected it.
Moving on a few months and clearing the pile of rubbish in the drive I noticed the power fuse box had the 'N' & 'E' tails reversed, me finks previous occupant was on the fiddle.

The board returned after next reading to change the meter...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sadly the process of posing is as difficult with a 6 year old as learning to use power tools and trying to do both at the same time was just too difficult.
This was far easier to pose:
upload_2020-10-14_19-35-0.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back