What can you do?

So you agree the law part isnt working ?

The correct system would have been the driver stopping and calling for assistance.

But if you prefer vigilantes, then you are part of the problem

Shame we dont have more police really

Sponsored Links
Yes, the other passengers were so terrified by the assault that they applauded the driver.
Snowflake.
Aren’t there any forums you two could join up that is populated by your own sort? If not, why not launch your own? Snowflakes.co.U.K. is still available I believe.

It is not 'snowflake' to obey the laws of the country, and employment laws.

What would 'the law' had done in this instance?
The 'law' should respond to calls for assistance.
If they don't, can't or won't, who's fault is it?
Do you honestly believe we should regress to the point we ought to take the law into our own hands.
Robert Peel would be turning in his grave.

Rightly or wrongly, I reckon the best thing to do in a scenario like this is a) tell the old wifey to remain downstairs and b) don't go upstairs, leave the youngsters to it.

Obviously there are times when we would want to go upstairs e.g. if one of our nearest and dearest was up there and being picked on, however in the main these days it ain't worth the risk.

A bit like these stories you read of someone hearing a commotion outside, opening their door to discover folk up to no good, they try to intervene and get beaten up, stabbed or worse.

Not worth it. Self preservation and all that.

Sponsored Links
Plus who decides how much physical interference is enough?

Anti social behaviour
Shoplifting
Stealing a car
Stealing working tools from a van
Burglary

I'm all for stepping in if violence happens,but react to it, not start it.

It's another slippery slope once you progress to being a vigilante

A bit like these stories you read of someone hearing a commotion outside, opening their door to discover folk up to no good, they try to intervene and get beaten up, stabbed or worse.

Not worth it. Self preservation and all that.

I always wade in.

I always wade in.
If I heard a noise outside my house now and it was 4-5 wrong 'uns jumping all over my car, I'd leave them to it (bar phoning the police obviously.) Going out to confront them could leave me dead.

Not worth it in my book.

p.s. well, I like to 'think' I'd stay put, thing is all sorts of things automatically kick in so I might be out there before I realise it!

If I heard a noise outside my house now and it was 4-5 wrong 'uns jumping all over my car, I'd leave them to it (bar phoning the police obviously.) Going out to confront them could leave me dead.

Not worth it in my book.

Again, I would wade in, but likely with a big stick.

Years and years ago when I was about 9 years old, I was in the viewing gallery of our local swimming pool with some mates waiting for another one of our mates to get out. There were two hard-looking (to us) older teenage boys up there with two teenage girls. To impress the girls, the boys were making a noise by head-butting the wooden panel that separated the galleries. The two lifeguards came up to the gallery and took it in turn to smash both the teenagers heads into the panel. The teenagers started crying and the girls walked off. They smashed each head about a dozen times and then told them to **** off. They didn't need telling twice. I was impressed. I doubt that the lifeguards were even disciplined by their manager. We need more of this type of on the spot correction for anti-social behaviour. :cool:

Years and years ago when I was about 9 years old, I was in the viewing gallery of our local swimming pool with some mates waiting for another one of our mates to get out. There were two hard-looking (to us) older teenage boys up there with two teenage girls. To impress the girls, the boys were making a noise by head-butting the wooden panel that separated the galleries. The two lifeguards came up to the gallery and took it in turn to smash both the teenagers heads into the panel. The teenagers started crying and the girls walked off. They smashed each head about a dozen times and then told them to **** off. They didn't need telling twice. I was impressed. I doubt that the lifeguards were even disciplined by their manager. We need more of this type of on the spot correction for anti-social behaviour. :cool:
Those were the times when adults in charge were expected to take charge of a situation. If they tried that these days they'd be tied up in legal red tape and thrown to the judge.

I got caught smashing windows in a disused factory when I was about 12 years old. The local beat copper who caught me gave me a choice - come down to the station and have my parents called up or a clip round the ear. I said "I'll have a clip round….." Bang! He walloped me so ****ing hard I thought I’d gone deaf. "Now, on your way Steven and let that be a lesson to you" he said. If I’d have told my Dad, I’d have got the same again so I kept quiet!

Last edited:
Another time, same beat copper. I saved up my paper round money and bought myself a Gat Gun. 30 bob or £1.50 in todays money. Of course, I terrorised the whole estate, shooting 177 slugs at anyone I saw. Kids were running for cover everywhere. Great fun! I went home and was in my bedroom when there was a knock on the door. My dad answered it and called me downstairs. It was the copper with about 20 local kids behind him. My dad asked me if I had a gun and when I said I did, he told me to go and get it. I brought it down. He then told me to go to the shed and get his hammer. I did that and he made me smash my own gun up with the hammer in front of the copper and 20 sniggering kids. The copper said that’ll do for this time but if it happens again you’ll find yourself down the station.

If I’d have done that these days, I’d have had SO19 on me and been possibly shot!

People have gone soft today. In the 80s I was on a bus and a young lad got but refused to pay. He'd obviously done it before and other drivers had given in, but this one argued with him. And when he didn't get off, the bus driver got out of his cab, opened the doors and shoved the young lad off the bus, then proceeded to drive away to applause from the passengers.

Today's advice to the drivers is to allow them on and avoid confrontation.

Sponsored Links
Back