what do you guys think of screwfix

Forest Grump said:
Only wish other companies B&Q / MFI etc etc could be as good.

I've heard that ScrewFix and B&Q are related, is this true?

I've placed several orders with ScrewFix and everything has been excellent with the exception of one item being out of stock.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think B&Q is owned by Kingfisher.

Never knew Screwfix and B&Q were related though.

They both owned by Kingfisher then?

I used to use them quite a lot...i cant speak for the service of late but it was always good in the past.

But like everyone else, as soon as they become popular they become greedy and they certainly aint as cheap as they were.

Quality wise...you have to be shrewd..some of their unbranded stuff isnt much kop...it is certainly a case of getting what you pay for.

Zampa
youre right they were very good years ago ...cheap an very keen to get repeat orders ..now I hear they can be sloppy with delieveries so a mate says ..

richjacq said:
considering getting some lintles from them is it a good idea, heard bad things about delivery problems.
It's a wonderful idea if you want to gradually put your local builders' merchant out of business, so that the one time that you actually need their help they'll no longer be there, having been replaced by a conglomerate chain that employs people you've never seen before and will never see again, and if you want to take the risk of a fault with your goods with slim prospects of getting it sorted out quickly without spending tens of mind-numbing minutes in a telephone queue ("your call is very important to us, please hold"), and if you want your money to go out of the locality and thus erode the prosperity of your local community.

Yup, mail order is fantastic for all of those things.

Sponsored Links
Back