What do you like and dislike about the GD Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you agree an opinion has f*ck all to do with being based on facts then???
I thought you said it was.???
For me, my opinions and perceptions of the world around us, are based on facts, data, evidence, research and experiences.
When there are no facts or data to support my opinion, I'll rely on other wiser, more knowledgeable, more experienced opinions on which to base my opinion.

If I was going to speculate on which team would win, which horse would win, etc, I'd either express it as a hope or a wish. Otherwise, if I expressed an opinion, I'd be prepared to substantiate my opinion with data, statistics, insight, etc.
I wouldn't express an opinion without being prepared to substantiate it.
You might, I wouldn't.

I asked you what do you base your opinion on. you didn't answer. You just argued that your opinions do not need substantiation. Which I accepted, but recognised that it was a shallow, not credible opinion.
If you remember, when you said your opinions don't need substantiation, I specifically stated:
Then it's an opinion based on myth, prejudice, bias, belief. Call it whatever you like, but it's not an opinion based on any factual or empirical evidence. Therefore it's not a creditable opinion.
Quite the reverse, IMO, that's the danger of an opinion not based on evidence, research, etc. It's not a credible opinion!

So in conclusion, you may base your opinions on wishes, hopes, myths or bias, if you wish. But they're not credible opinions. I have already recognised that, as your basis for your opinions, several times.
I'll continue to support my opinions with facts, data, evidence and the opinions of more experienced, more knowledgeable people.

Sponsored Links
But they're not credible opinions.

But that's my whole point, flumpster, it doesn't matter. An opinion has F*ck all to do with having any evidence to back it up with. The football analogy being an example.
How many more times can I try to explain it.

I think your confusing opinion with factual debate.

Either that or you're just plain stupid.

But that's my whole point, flumpster, it doesn't matter. An opinion has F*ck all to do with having any evidence to back it up with. The football analogy being an example.
How many more times can I try to explain it.

I think your confusing opinion with factual debate.

Either that or you're just plain stupid.
And if you question an opinion? If an opinion differed wildly from the perceived truth, then other members of a public forum are entitled to question it, surely?

When there are no facts or data to support my opinion, I'll rely on other wiser, more knowledgeable, more experienced opinions on which to base my opinion.

Marvelous.

And there's me wondering where it all went wrong..

Absolute madness.

Sponsored Links
And if you question an opinion? If an opinion differed wildly from the perceived truth, then other members of a public forum are entitled to question it, surely?

Of course, where did I say it can't be questioned.
Keep up nosejob, for f*cksake.:D

But they're not credible opinions.

I don't think we're disagreeing.
You're welcome to your opinions based on myths, fantasy, ideas that pop into your head, whatever you base your opinion on, which you then refuse to substantiate.
I'll keep to opinions based on evidence, data, facts, research, other's more knowledgeable, more experienced, wiser perceptions, which I am prepared to substantiate.

If you wish, you don't need to continue wondering where it all went wrong, I'll give you my opinion, if you wish.

If you wish, you don't need to continue wondering where it all went wrong, I'll give you my opinion, if you wish.

Please no more endless googled crap, that's just plain cruel. Have mercy on our souls..:LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back