What have you been doing today?

Made an online appointment at my barbers today. Went up there and he was still finishing someone off. Not only that, he had a friend in there chatting away to him without a mask while the barber was cutting hair (Barber was wearing a mask). I made my excuses and left saying I’ll be back later. I've just phoned him and said I can’t get back today and I’ll rebook. I was expecting that just me and him would be there and that chatting would be kept to a minimum. Mrs Mottie is going to her hairdressers tomorrow and has been told to turn up on time, no waiting inside, no blow drying, bring your own magazines and drinks etc. I think I’ll give it a while before I brave going back to Turkish Ali.

Who's been to the barbers yet? What was the setup/procedure?

In Brentwood today, first time since March. Was surprised seeing no masks or visors in barbers. In local hairdressers in Chelmsford, staff wear visors.

I cut my own hair, what's left of it that is. Must have saved a small fortune in the last 10 years.

Sponsored Links
In Brentwood today, first time since March. Was surprised seeing no masks or visors in barbers. In local hairdressers in Chelmsford, staff wear visors.

I cut my own hair, what's left of it that is. Must have saved a small fortune in the last 10 years.
Another local one I’ve seen says masks compulsory from 24th, wash your own hair before you come up and no waiting inside. I might give them a go.

This is what happened when I asked my wife if there was anything she would like me to do.
Cooker cleaning..jpg

Just been over the allotment on my bike again. I timed myself. Six minutes to get there, ten to get back (slightly uphill on way back). Legs not to bad but my bum bones are hurting. I need to harden up a bit on the old undercarriage. :confused:

Sponsored Links
No, nothing - there was no one about so just stripped off for a 5 minute dip. the wife didn't join me.

Indoor pool swimming is going to be quite a faff for some time to come. As I pointed out to swmbo, when she said she was looking forward to this Sunday's swimming back in the baths.

You ought to come openwater swimming with us, I suggested.

Not a fekkin' chance, she replied. "I'm not getting in that ming". :mrgreen:

My wife keeps mine trimmed and all it costs is for me to make her a coffee when she has finished.

The other month I actually went to a barbers and it cost £12 !!! for the same type of cut.

We had that many, many years ago with our catflap. Every time I heard the cat flap go, I was up and the intruder was off out again. It was one of those two way cat flaps so I stuck a screw in so that it could come in but not go out and waited. I heard the clack and it was in, as I went out to the lean-to to get it it was head butting the flap to get out but of course it couldn’t. I got a pan of water and soaked it, it ran behind the washing machine so I chucked another pan of water over the back and gave the machine a good shake. I opened the back door and it flew out and never came back. Next day I had to get the washing machine repaired! Still worth it though.

That's the best way to deter a cat that's being a nuisance - a scare and a soaking. If my cat was being a pain at someone else's house I wouldn't have any objection to someone doing this. Obviously a shock to the cat, but no lasting harm and very effective at stopping antisocial behaviour.

Last edited:
The glass man cometh!
Got a technician arriving between 13.00 and 16.00 to replace my rear windscreen today. On holiday last week and Saturday morning the groundsmen decide to cut the grass around all the caravans. One of them managed to hit my rear windscreen with a loose stone just before we were going out for the day.

Me too - cut my own hair for the last 25 years. Don't see why I have to pay around £100 to walk out with a style I neither liked or asked for!
I wish my wife would cut her own hair. She’s just left for her hair appointment and asked me for a tenner. For the tip! She'll probably come back with something she’s not happy with too!

Sponsored Links
Back