What have you been doing today?

I'd never heard of a stick injury until the other day when there was a radio phone in on the subject, heard of some horrific injuries.

Sponsored Links
Christ, that was lucky. The only stick injury I've witnessed was when I was out walking with a friend and her Cockers. They were having a tussle over a stick which was about as thick as my thumb. Anyway the stick broke in half and they both ran off with a piece each. A few minutes later, we saw one of them (my dogs mother) pawing frantically at her mouth. I felt inside her mouth and where she had bitten hard on the stick, the two ends of the stick had broken off leaving the middle section firmly wedged across the roof of her mouth between the teeth on either side and boy, was it wedged - I thought I was going to pull her teeth out with it but it came out after I managed to get my fingers up and behind it - we practically had her jaws open 90°. Good job she knew me well and was the sort of dog that would let me do it without taking my hand off!
Oh geeze, poor mutt, that has gotta hurt... Yeah, you're lucky she trusted you, though by the sounds of it, she wasn't in the position to bite ya much anyway! These dogs do get themselves into a pickle don't they? The same dog with the stick injury also got a bone jammed onto the side of her mouth, wedged into her gums and on the outside. That was also a moment of trust sorting that out :)

Sponsored Links
Yeah, that's a bummer.
When I was young I did silly things like driving to the Smoke and back twice in a day.
Never again!

Open water swim, yay!
Hoping to have a dip in the sea over the next week.
Bloody cold, but you feel great afterwards.

Yeah, that's a bummer.
When I was young I did silly things like driving to the Smoke and back twice in a day.
Never again!

Open water swim, yay!
Hoping to have a dip in the sea over the next week.
Bloody cold, but you feel great afterwards.

Open water swimming.... no way josé .... Jaws is just below you, gotta be able to see the bottom of the pool !

Don't have nightmares

images (2).jpeg

Open water swimming.... no way josé .... Jaws is just below you, gotta be able to see the bottom of the pool !

Dosthill is nearish us (I don't swim there, but friends do), and there are 4ft sturgeon in there who come to see what sort of idiot will swim around and around in large circles......

40secs in.....

Been out and about viewing houses, then picked up dog from the vet. She's zonked out and has a back leg resembling a chicken leg, got tons of tablets to take, then visits in 2 weeks for stitches out, then more x rays in 6 weeks.

Glad she has come through it and back home. The fun starts when she needs to go out for a pee and you have to try and carry her without putting pressure on her bladder. LOL
Seriously though, glad she is back home.

Did they vet say how they think it went? Hope all successful anyway and that's the end of the pain for her, and you with a vet bill!
Glad home, safe and sound.

Did they vet say how they think it went? Hope all successful anyway and that's the end of the pain for her, and you with a vet bill!
Glad home, safe and sound.
Only spoke to nurse after she bought the dog hobbling out, said all seemed fine, must be as she was walking (just). The bill was a kicker, but was told before it could have been more. The bill was itemised, not looked carefully, but seems the op may have been less than an hour.Just got to get her to take the pills:rolleyes:

My dog would only take his pills pushed into a Milky Way. It years after he had died I found out normal chocolate was toxic to dogs so be careful how you do it.

My dog would only take his pills pushed into a Milky Way. It years after he had died I found out normal chocolate was toxic to dogs so be careful how you do it.
It's surprising what is toxic to dogs, this one has a penchant for snaffling food if you turn your back. she pinched a good 4 to 6 chunks of chocolate bar, but luckily it was not enough to cause any harm. Then a couple of months ago she had to be rushed to the vet and have her stomach pumped as she sneakily pinched a couple of eccles cakes my wife baked during lockdown, turns out currants are HIGHLY toxic to dogs. She's had half my daughters curry when she wasn't watching, pinched some slices of bread as my wife was making sandwiches. At least she has character.

Sponsored Links
Back