What have you been doing today?

Only spoke to nurse after she bought the dog hobbling out, said all seemed fine, must be as she was walking (just). The bill was a kicker, but was told before it could have been more. The bill was itemised, not looked carefully, but seems the op may have been less than an hour.Just got to get her to take the pills:rolleyes:
Aww, bless, hobbling out! Yeah, I remember you saying the estimate before, ouch indeed. Good job we love em!

What's her fav treat that you can hide it in? One of our dogs loved stinky cheese so we'd buy some stilton. Even she couldn't sniff the pill out hidden in that :)

When I look back at some of the stuff we'd feed our dogs in the past through ignorance, I am amazed they lived so long.. In a house of 4 kids, our dog would get chocolate & all sorts of sweets/cakes & crisps on pocket money day. She even liked spacedust... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Our DIL is a vet receptionist and she has seen dogs die after eating just one currant. Grapes are bad for them as well.

Last edited:
My dog would only take his pills pushed into a Milky Way. It years after he had died I found out normal chocolate was toxic to dogs so be careful how you do it.

We did exactly the same with one of our dogs, but he was big, and the bigger the dog the less harmful it is.

Cocoa, cooking chocolate and dark chocolate are much more poisonous than milk chocolate.

Sponsored Links
Looks like it's a bumper month for pet troubles.
Our cat started throwing up and did not stop. Took him to the vet and they kept him in overnight, took bloods and put him on a drip. Just under 24 hours later, we got him back.. They didn't know what had caused it, but he was definitely a hell of a lot more chipper when he got back.
My Mum suggested to me that it could be heatstroke, so I suggested it to the vet. She said she'd never heard of it in animals.....
Bill was £450!!!

My Mum suggested to me that it could be heatstroke, so I suggested it to the vet. She said she'd never heard of it in animals.....
Bill was £450!!!
They definately do get it. Our pup got that a very young age. That involved an overnight stay and a drip too, slightly cheaper than yours at 'just' £350.

Looks like it's a bumper month for pet troubles.
Our cat started throwing up and did not stop. Took him to the vet and they kept him in overnight, took bloods and put him on a drip. Just under 24 hours later, we got him back.. They didn't know what had caused it, but he was definitely a hell of a lot more chipper when he got back.
Bill was £450!!!

Glad he is ok now. I suppose for that price he slept on a hand woven silken pillow and was hand fed the finest smoked salmon?

I call our cat 3F. The first two F's are fat & furry.
:ROFLMAO:

I had a lady that used to work for me. I knew her very well as a friend - she was no shrinking violet and very salty with her language. I asked he to do something once while I was out and she forgot. Jokingly I called her a lazy fat c***. She replied instantly, "Oi, less of the 'fat' if you don’t mind!"

Glad he is ok now. I suppose for that price he slept on a hand woven silken pillow and was hand fed the finest smoked salmon?
Sadly not!
It did make me laugh when she rang up and told me he had settled nicely in to the cat ward!

Sadly not!
It did make me laugh when she rang up and told me he had settled nicely in to the cat ward!
Our last boy got a UTI, really knocked him for six. Spent 2 days in cat ward on a drip and it cost us £700. Apparently they sent him home a day earlier than they'd have liked but being a bengal cat he protested continuously! Screamed the place down and upset all the other cats and the nurses, esp the one who stayed overnight and they couldn't handle it anymore! He came home with no voice at all, just croaking from all the effort :) I was quite pleased in a way, felt like he made the vet & nurses earn their £700, lol.

I'd never heard of a stick injury until the other day when there was a radio phone in on the subject, heard of some horrific injuries.

they are terrible

I know a vetinary nurse -she has seen a fair few DOA as a result of stick injuries

its caused by running with a stick, hit a bump.....

Sponsored Links
Back