What have you been doing today?

Am so pleased you guys didn't give up on him - and that he had a happy ending. You really should go see him, see what you had a part in doing! :) It's irresponsible and cruddy not to neuter cats - I think too, like dogs, they need to be chipped by law. It's one thing not knowing how important it is, but when it's spelled out to people then those who don't are utter tosspots.

I didn't get to see him unfortunately but I heard today he's gone to live on a farm. He was never going to make a housecat as he'd been feral far too long. Farm life isn't bad, he'll have a large kennel in a barn, he can roam to his hearts content and on top of his regular meals, he'll enjoy a supplementary diet of mice and rats, a proper working cat.

Sponsored Links
My wife took me out to our favourite Chinese restaurant to celebrate my securing at new job at the local college. :)

Applied for a caretakers job about 2 months ago but never heard anything so assumed I hadn't even got an interview.
Monday I got a phone call from the area manager to say he had been passed my details and would I be interested in a maintenance position at the new building that was being constructed. I said yes, interview arranged for yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I had a phone call to say the job was mine. Better pay and hours than I currently have, closer to home and all tools and uniform provided. No weekend working at single rate, if weekend working is required it will be at time and a half with plenty of notice.
Happy days! :)

Sponsored Links
My wife took me out to our favourite Chinese restaurant to celebrate my securing at new job at the local college. :)

Applied for a caretakers job about 2 months ago but never heard anything so assumed I hadn't even got an interview.
Monday I got a phone call from the area manager to say he had been passed my details and would I be interested in a maintenance position at the new building that was being constructed. I said yes, interview arranged for yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I had a phone call to say the job was mine. Better pay and hours than I currently have, closer to home and all tools and uniform provided. No weekend working at single rate, if weekend working is required it will be at time and a half with plenty of notice.

Congratulations! In these uncertain times, that's very very good news.

Well done mate, so pleased to hear that. Makes a pleasant change to hear someone getting good news on the job front these days. (y)

As I am not due back in work until Monday I have just emailed my resignation in.
Sit back and see if they react now.

Well done, good news for a change.

Brave man. I’d have waited until I had the new job offer in writing.

Pretty confident that will come through today but if it doesn't then too late to do anything.
I put my notice in today as the job starts in 3 weeks and I wanted to give present employer as much time as possible to find a replacement or at least re-arrange the rota's. They also have a guy retiring at the end of the month but I'm sure they will be able to cover things until they find replacements.

Being incredulous that after at least 6 months of not being used, my kindle still had some charge in it.

Having a bit of trouble accessing some websites on my Mac desktop, asked one of the IT guys at the school I work at sometimes, he said delete cookies so I did today all 38K of them, working like a dream now, just had to re sign in to this and other sites

My mate who lives out in the sticks has one away d

I keep my cars around there

Just put grub out for the foxes on his lawn
Generally get 6 come down for there biscuits

The resident mole has run riot on his other lawn :LOL:

What a life spend yer entire life under ground digging :confused:

I haven't been doing it but just had my 2 chimneys swept ready for winter.
Not a bad price at £45 each and a very tidy sweep who covered everything around where he was working and cleaned up after himself. Will be using him again next year.

Just been to Westfield shopping centre by train. I wore a disposable mask all the way there, while walking round, in store and back. Saw a fair few people on the platforms, trains and shopping centre not wearing them or wearing them under their chins. Dunno if those anti-maskers take the attitude of 'you are protecting me, so I don’t need to protect you' but you can see how it spreads.

Sponsored Links
Back