What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Off to the dentists, again, in about half an hour. Had a temporary filling replaced on a tooth a month or so ago, £62. Then had root canal on same tooth, £280, now it’s settled down, going back for a permanent filling and a clean. £222. Oh, and to top it all, I had another filling come out on Saturday so that’s got to be sorted too. I’m falling to pieces!

Sponsored Links
All done. I was wearing my big boy pants and had two fillings with NO injection. Mind you, they were both on teeth that I had had root canal work on. :rolleyes: Best of all, he didn’t charge me for the filling that I had lost so still 'only' £222.90. He's a nice bloke, but I hope I don’t see him for a while!

Last edited:
I’ve just had an electric shock! I put a pan of water on the hob to cook some rice, turned one ring on, the gas started hissing and the tick, tick, tick on the igniter spark started and I noticed that one of the other burners was slightly off centre so I centred it, forgetting that the tick, tick, tick happens on all burners at the same time and it got me! Made me bloody jump, I tell ya. I hate electric shocks - I can’t stand it even if static crackles when I’m taking a jumper off.

Having a series of issues at work.
Openwater swimming in what initially felt like the seas around Antarctica.......

I’ve just had an electric shock! I put a pan of water on the hob to cook some rice, turned one ring on, the gas started hissing and the tick, tick, tick on the igniter spark started and I noticed that one of the other burners was slightly off centre so I centred it, forgetting that the tick, tick, tick happens on all burners at the same time and it got me! Made me bloody jump, I tell ya. I hate electric shocks - I can’t stand it even if static crackles when I’m taking a jumper off.

Well at least it wasn't a mains shock.

I often get called into school to test a socket that gave a teacher a "shock" whilst plugging laptop charger in, fully armed with MF tester, socket tester, go through every angle before pronouncing it must be static, nice little earner

Made some hi/low gas switch simulators (ok a switch in a box) and fitted some trunking around a new unit.
Twiddled my thumbs the rest of the time.

I’ve just had an electric shock!.... I noticed that one of the other burners was slightly off centre
Think you were unlucky!
I have done that before and not suffered any ill-effects.

Think you were unlucky!
I have done that before and not suffered any ill-effects.

You wouldn't, whilst is high voltage it's very low amps, got a belt from a spark plug once, that hurt too, but no I'll effects apart from a wobbly arm.

Talking about gas, I changed a gas bottle on one of the BBQ's in work the other day. Standard practice to check gas is flowing by igniting each burner.
Stupidly I forgot to check all controls were in the OFF position. As I turned the first one, (which was in the off position), I pressed the igniter and with a very loud WUMMPH! all burners ignited. It appears previous guests had probably had 3 burners going when the gas ran out and didn't bother to switch them off. My own fault as we are suposed to check before changing the bottle.

Sponsored Links
Back