What have you been doing today?

Jeez..Conny...A lot!...My dentist years ago was a nightmare...His breath stunk of fags...He tipped the chair that far back stuff fell out of your pockets...He used extremely bright,hot lights..Injected anaesthetic with a huge needle then filled the teeth before it worked,leaving your mouth to numb up for about 4 hours afterward..Thankfully dentistry has improvedthough I have never had gel i don't think.

I'd known for quite a while they needed looking at but because I had active CKD I was advised to to get any dental work done if possible. Once I had been in remission for 12 months the consultant told me I could see a dentist now. I was still reluctant by my hand was forced when one night, biting into a bit of steak, one of my front ones remained in the steak. LOL. Made the appointment with the dentist for the following week and 2 days later my other front one felt a bit loose. Waggled it with my tongue to show my wife and that fell out as well! LOL When the dentist was doing the check she found all but one were a bit loose so I just said in that case take them all and get it over with. I now have one original tooth on my lower left side and the rest are false. I have to admit, growing up I never liked my teeth. they were a little bucked, some gaps and my upper incisors were like fangs which became more pronounced as my gums receded. Now I have a set of dentures which look perfectly straight and normal and my self confidence talking to people is at an all time high.

Sponsored Links
Jeez..Conny...A lot!...My dentist years ago was a nightmare...His breath stunk of fags...He tipped the chair that far back stuff fell out of your pockets...He used extremely bright,hot lights..Injected anaesthetic with a huge needle then filled the teeth before it worked,leaving your mouth to numb up for about 4 hours afterward..Thankfully dentistry has improvedthough I have never had gel i don't think.

I'd known for quite a while they needed looking at but because I had active CKD I was advised to to get any dental work done if possible. Once I had been in remission for 12 months the consultant told me I could see a dentist now. I was still reluctant by my hand was forced when one night, biting into a bit of steak, one of my front ones remained in the steak. LOL. Made the appointment with the dentist for the following week and 2 days later my other front one felt a bit loose. Waggled it with my tongue to show my wife and that fell out as well! LOL When the dentist was doing the check she found all but one were a bit loose so I just said in that case take them all and get it over with. I now have one original tooth on my lower left side and the rest are false. I have to admit, growing up I never liked my teeth. they were a little bucked, some gaps and my upper incisors were like fangs which became more pronounced as my gums receded. Now I have a set of dentures which look perfectly straight and normal and my self confidence talking to people is at an all time high.

Took her out to stretch her legs today. I don’t know if you know but Spaniels practically sniff their way along and she kept coming to an abrupt stop when the cone of shame kept hitting the pavement, the walls, lamp posts, telephone cabinets, bushes etc and she was pretty ticked off that she couldn’t stick her head through the railings to look at the ducks that hang out under the bridge. :LOL:

478DCC6B-1816-42E9-B34E-A55BD7146346.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Took her out to stretch her legs today. I don’t know if you know but Spaniels practically sniff their way along and she kept coming to an abrupt stop when the cone of shame kept hitting the pavement, the walls, lamp posts, telephone cabinets, bushes etc and she was pretty ticked off that she couldn’t stick her head through the railings to look at the ducks that hang out under the bridge. :LOL:

View attachment 209570
Bit of an optical illusion at first.thought she had managed to jam the collar in the rails

Today.Repaired a boiler then went along the local ex railway line cycle tracks to test my new water proof MTB gear.

I’ve got a lot of Rab Gore tex dog walking gear. Keeps me dry but I sweat like a bastard. I wouldn’t like to ride a bike in it.

Treated myself yesterday to a Techangle Torque Wrench.

Been looking at one for a while and thought sod it, why not..

20201029_114647.jpg

That’ll take a lot of the guesswork out of those angles. Be no good for me though - I always give it a bit extra just to be sure. :whistle:

Be interesting to see what final torque is after angle tightening vs what I've assumed it would be.

Done a few cars and always amazed the head bolts survive after 3 stage tightening.

Be interesting to see what final torque is after angle tightening vs what I've assumed it would be.

Done a few cars and always amazed the head bolts survive after 3 stage tightening.

Not directly thread - related but.....

I was talking to a bloke who builds his own motorbikes (frames and such).
He was telling me that what he could never really get his head around was just how thin / small / light the big manufacturers made sections, parts, bolts etc, that were still far stronger than they ever needed to be.
Great thing, this computer modelling.

Not directly thread - related but.....

I was talking to a bloke who builds his own motorbikes (frames and such).
He was telling me that what he could never really get his head around was just how thin / small / light the big manufacturers made sections, parts, bolts etc, that were still far stronger than they ever needed to be.
Great thing, this computer modelling.

Isn't that also related to material science and advances in manufacturing techniques.

I'm still waiting for my flying car from the Jetsons.

That’ll take a lot of the guesswork out of those angles. Be no good for me though - I always give it a bit extra just to be sure. :whistle:
My mechanic gave my waterpump bolts :"a bit extra."".Bolts sheared,belt snapped,engine minced up!

Sponsored Links
Back