What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Today.few boiler jobs,pizzed a few people off on here...now out on MTB...
Yehaaaaa..(same as monday)...full day mtb friday i hope.

Sponsored Links
Went up to my workshop and finished off my yard gates while we had some good weather. Might not look much to the builders/carpenters on here but I’m pretty happy with them. Might even do the side gate to match. Even happier that my mate came round, chopped up the old ones and took them back to his house to burn later.

F5645A91-57B1-4AB5-A3D2-F124C811B69A.jpeg

I would be chasing the police up for that dashcam footage, before it gets lost.

Solicitor has already requested 'untampered copy covering events leading upto and after the point of impact and anything which recorded his clients voice in conversation the whole time he was in police presence, either at the scene or in any car or station as his client is a vulnerable adult and should not be spoken to without another responsible adult present.' He is on the autism spectrum and can get very agitated in strange circumstances or simply clam up which could be seen as being uncooperative by people who don't understand.

Jeez.lucky to be alive...must have launched him into next week.
Sent his van into the central crash barrier damaging the barrier and causing outer lane in both directions to be closed for a number of hours whilst repairs were carried out. Apparently the van is a write off and the officers are not believed to be seriously hurt, just bumps and bruising, (at the moment).

Conny, it really is amazing that he was unhurt, poor chap. How's he doing now?
Solicitor has already requested 'untampered copy covering events leading upto and after the point of impact .
Good! A mate of mine a few years back was arrested (unfairly) and treated very badly by the arresting cops. Someone had filmed the arrest and had to hand it over to the police. The police then changed the video, taking some of it out in their favour. Luckily my mates solicitors found out & also found out that the person who originally took the video had kept a copy. The case was thrown out but such a headache for him to go through which lasted a couple of years :(

Son in law is stiff around neck and shoulders. Don't think it has sunk in properly yet. I know from personal experience whiplash could come out a week or so later.
I can't understand why vans/lorries don't all have rear cameras. They are so small and unobtrusive these days it seems penny pinching to me.
Thanks for asking about him by the way.

Passed my 3 day First Aid at Work course today. 2 questions out of 60 wrong, one of which could be right if given a set of unusual circumstances but not the one on the marking sheet. Full marks for all the practical assessments. :)

That lovely black cat with the crappy owner I wrote about before has been living in my garden for weeks. I couldn't get it to go home. He was still fighting with other cats too (not had the snip), and came back with various scratches etc - I doubt he's been inoculated either. The owner refuses to look after him properly so today I took him to a cat rescue centre, where he will get the help he needs with vets and hopefully a new and good home. I wished that he and our cat got on ok, but as the weeks went by, he became more territorial of our garden and had a few swipes at our cat, unprovoked. Our cat was becoming more and more nervous :(

Hopefully though, his charm and brilliant way with humans will mean it won't be long before he gets to spend his golden years somewhere warm, safe and with a family that look after him well :) I don't mind admitting though, I did well-up somewhat when I drove away!

Been doing my good husband bit today. Mrs Mottie is looking after our grandson at our sons house from 1.00 and won’t be home until about 9.00 so I took her tea and biscuits in bed this morning, took the dog out for a walk, brought her home a raspberry croissant for elevensies then went up Sainsbury’s and did the weekly shop. This afternoon I’ve been making a mahoosive batch of Bolognese sauce. I'm having spag Bol for my tea and also I made 4 x 2 person portions and put them in foil trays to go in the freezer when they’ve cooled down. Phew, looking back on that, I’m exhausted. Going to continue binge watching 'The Americans' on Prime later.

I lost my "thread some steel conduit" cherry.
It was only a short length, longer ones were done after.
Its nice having proper threading machines at work. :)

Sponsored Links
Back