What have you been doing today?

Pulled out of the drive, something not right, rear nearside tyre flat, had to turn round and get back on drive, had to read manual to find jack, found some old carpet to lay on ground and proceeded to undo bolts holding spare underneath, hmm one is a security bolt, no sign of an adaptor for wheel brace, spent an hour on google looking for info, found adaptor in glove box, pouring down by now, in between showers changed wheel, morning lost
Puncture on the bike today, farmers have been cutting hedgerows all over so inevitable really, got within 500 metres of home before it was fully flat

Sponsored Links
Went up to my workshop today. Gave the new gates another coat of preservative, had a bloody good clear up and took 185 litres of old engine oil to the recycling centre.

For the first time ever in my 48 years on this planet, I've cut my own hair! I'd give myself a 8/10 for a first attempt, so pretty pleased :) No more trips to the barbers and can keep my hair looking half decent all the time.

For the first time ever in my 48 years on this planet, I've cut my own hair! I'd give myself a 8/10 for a first attempt, so pretty pleased :) No more trips to the barbers and can keep my hair looking half decent all the time.

My wife does mine. Costs me a cup of coffee instead of the £12 I paid last time.
I sometimes wish my hair grew long and thick quickly so she would cut it more often. I find the experience so relaxing. Instead I sometimes do what I did as a teenager. I would sit on the floor with my back resting against my mums chair and she would twiddle my hair in her fingers giving my scalp the odd scratching with her finger nails. LOL Now my wife sometimes does the same for me. :)

Sponsored Links
Went up to my workshop today. Gave the new gates another coat of preservative, had a bloody good clear up and took 185 litres of old engine oil to the recycling centre.

My local garage has a stove in the corner of the workshop that burns their old engine oil. Seems to keep the workshop warm all winter. Saves them having to recycle it.

My local garage has a stove in the corner of the workshop that burns their old engine oil. Seems to keep the workshop warm all winter. Saves them having to recycle it.
I also had a local garage that had a waste oil burner but they shut up shop when the premises were sold. :(

My wife does mine. Costs me a cup of coffee instead of the £12 I paid last time.
I sometimes wish my hair grew long and thick quickly so she would cut it more often. I find the experience so relaxing. Instead I sometimes do what I did as a teenager. I would sit on the floor with my back resting against my mums chair and she would twiddle my hair in her fingers giving my scalp the odd scratching with her finger nails. LOL Now my wife sometimes does the same for me. :)
I live alone (cue sad violin music) so, especially when coupled with covid restrictions, I have no choice but to DIY it :)

I always ask for a no.2 side & back and shortened on top, however the 'top' increasingly has less hair on it! So I thought why not have a go at running clippers over the whole lot, starting with longer attachment and working down. Tbh hardest bit was doing the back when looking in the mirror. Not as neat as a barber would achieve at the back but it'll do me :)

I was due a cut when the first lockdown started. Last time I had it cut was 24th February. As time went on and the barbers were shut I left it. When they reopened i was still a bit wary, so still left it. I was neat short back and sides before lockdown. 8.5 months later, I'm rapidly turning into the long haired layabout my father always said I would be. (y)

When number one son is home from Uni, he is always asking to "give me a fade".

So far, I have escaped, but sooner or later I may have to succumb.

My wife has given me 5 haircuts since lockdown and I’m having another tomorrow. She does a fair job too - about 12 years ago she did a hairdressers course to NVQ 2 with the intention of working part time in a salon but never got around to doing it professionally. When it’s safe to go back, I’m going to begrudge paying £17 a time.

I was due a cut when the first lockdown started. Last time I had it cut was 24th February. As time went on and the barbers were shut I left it. When they reopened i was still a bit wary, so still left it. I was neat short back and sides before lockdown. 8.5 months later, I'm rapidly turning into the long haired layabout my father always said I would be. (y)
That was kind of like me, however as my hair got longer and thicker ... except for the part on the crown ... I looked increasingly like a monk! I got mine cut when restrictions were lifted and it needed cut again. Truth be told I've never totally enjoyed going for a haircut (kind of a chore) so I decided to go for it. Like I say I can now simply run the clippers over every other week and tidy up the back and not fear the 'monk look' :)

My wife has given me 5 haircuts since lockdown and I’m having another tomorrow. She does a fair job too - about 12 years ago she did a hairdressers course to NVQ 2 with the intention of working part time in a salon but never got around to doing it professionally. When it’s safe to go back, I’m going to begrudge paying £17 a time.
I'm just £10 a time but, given I get nothing fancy/special done, I figured start doing it myself.

That was kind of like me, however as my hair got longer and thicker ... except for the part on the crown ... I looked increasingly like a monk! I got mine cut when restrictions were lifted and it needed cut again. Truth be told I've never totally enjoyed going for a haircut (kind of a chore) so I decided to go for it. Like I say I can now simply run the clippers over every other week and tidy up the back and not fear the 'monk look' :)

Yes, agree with keeping it short if thin on top. It doesn't look right to have the contrast between area of no hair and long hair everywhere else. When I start thinning on top (luckily only slight loss at temples) I'll have to get it cut, but I'm just growing it for the hell of it now. Plus saving the fifteen quid that each 5 weekly cut cost me.

We aren't allowed to do that due to location, would be ideal free heating!.

Sponsored Links
Back