What have you been doing today?

Spent the weekend in the camper before all the sites shut down for the season and lockdown, poured down most of the time, watched a good variety of birds on our feeders, watched Toy story 4 on DVD which went on a bit too long and drank too much wine

Sponsored Links
This is why I keep saying we need to go easy on each other. None of us know each other and whats going on in our little worlds.

Good on Dumb for his thread today apologising for things he's said. Only good guys can do that.

Im not saying no names but we have a long term poster on hear who sees little green men. They are so real to him that he thinks we can all see these little green men.. he says they don't talk to him.... I suppose thats why they seem so real......
so please Heed what I say.
Be gentle​

:cry::cry:

Just curious Ed, where any of the others killed in battle during the wars or did they do it themselves/by other means?

I'm not entirely sure, I think a number of my Great Uncles died in WW2. The rest a mixture of accidents, suicide and drinking themselves to death (which I suppose is a form of suicide)

Sponsored Links
Pulled out of the drive, something not right, rear nearside tyre flat, had to turn round and get back on drive, had to read manual to find jack, found some old carpet to lay on ground and proceeded to undo bolts holding spare underneath, hmm one is a security bolt, no sign of an adaptor for wheel brace, spent an hour on google looking for info, found adaptor in glove box, pouring down by now, in between showers changed wheel, morning lost

Sorting fishing tackle, buying some bait tomorrow, then fishing Friday.
Are you sure? A bloke I know owns a fishing lake and says he has to wait until Wednesday to find out if he will be allowed to stay open from Thursday onwards.

Are you sure? A bloke I know owns a fishing lake and says he has to wait until Wednesday to find out if he will be allowed to stay open from Thursday onwards.
Commercial fisheries are out, as are golf courses,outdoor pools, outdoor tennis courts, in fact, any commercial sporting venues. Old Father Thames is OK. If you can't fish it, you can't walk along it.

Pulled out of the drive, something not right, rear nearside tyre flat, had to turn round and get back on drive, had to read manual to find jack, found some old carpet to lay on ground and proceeded to undo bolts holding spare underneath, hmm one is a security bolt, no sign of an adaptor for wheel brace, spent an hour on google looking for info, found adaptor in glove box, pouring down by now, in between showers changed wheel, morning lost

Happened to me a few weeks ago but at least I did have decent weather at the time.

Son in law may be being charged with careless driving after police car rear ended him at 100mph on a 2 lane section of the M11 yesterday. He is sure they weren't showing flashing lights/sirens and has heard it was a training run. Apparently his employer has said their insurance doesn't cover legal representation. Is that allowed to have company vehicle insurance without legal help as part of the policy?

Son in law may be being charged with careless driving after police car rear ended him at 100mph on a 2 lane section of the M11 yesterday. He is sure they weren't showing flashing lights/sirens and has heard it was a training run. Apparently his employer has said their insurance doesn't cover legal representation. Is that allowed to have company vehicle insurance without legal help as part of the policy?
That's disgusting. He's lucky to be alive.
On what grounds is he a careless driver? A car hurling behind you at 100mph doesn't give much reaction time, esp with no lights. Any CCTV?!

I'm not sure legal aid cover is a requirement for a company car - I doubt it.

The police car will certainly have dashcam, which I believe he can ask for a copy of, but his van only has front facing dashcam.

Son in law may be being charged with careless driving after police car rear ended him at 100mph on a 2 lane section of the M11

With the information given, one option is that Plod are trying to frighten your son in law / divert from their own culpability.
Let's face it, someone is to blame ; it's either Plod (an embarrassing minefield), or your son in law (easy, can all go quietly away).

Sponsored Links
Back