What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Since I'm now allowed out of 'isolation'...

I was talking to my partner yesterday over the phone because a close relative died abroad a few days ago.
(not of the virus though)

Hello Ellal.

Good have you back. Sorry to hear about your relative. How ever anyone goes it's that much more difficult for all, as we can't comfort those closest.

Hope it's not to bad where you are.

Yes, welcome back. Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your partner at this sad time.

Sponsored Links
Since I'm now allowed out of 'isolation'...

I was talking to my partner yesterday over the phone because a close relative died abroad a few days ago.
(not of the virus though)
Condolences to you and yours.

Thank you for the kind words.

I shall be popping in with I think a more subdued/pensive mood for a while.

fence across driveway - got bored with it now so leave to finish another day
Off out for my days exercise on the bike :D
fence_0698.JPG

Before this lockdown, any major house maintenance chores mentioned by the missus have been routinely 'added to the list'. By focusing on the minor jobs I've been able to keep her sweet. But as time is no longer an issue, I have finally bitten the bullet and got close and personal with my conservatory roof. Previous hose downs from a distance has been the norm, but nearly 20 years of grime and growth needed the elbow grease.
3hrs of hard graft, sweat and tears, its now looking pristine.
On admiring my handywork, she then suggests that a solid roof would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Went over the allotment, did a couple of hours digging a patch over where my brassicas are going to be planted. Bought a couple of bags of compost from the allotment shed (just can’t get them anywhere else), on the way home I popped into the Co-op express that was operating a one in, one out policy and there were only three of us outside and got all that wasn’t delivered last night plus a few treats. Got home and my wife had been busy cutting up old pillow cases and making masks for us to wear. She had to use knicker elastic though as that was all she had in her sewing box! This is the MK1. I’m going to cut up some old file hangers to get some bendy metal strips that can be inserted into the top seam to bend around the nose area to get a better fit. Absolutely no protection against the virus but it could lessen the risk of transmission and prevent us from touching our nose and mouth.

61A7E78D-888D-4D51-A94F-D10BB2ADFC72.jpeg

All I heard was 'knicker elastic'.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done to Mrs Mottie to sacrifice her knickers to be cut up for masks.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back