What have you been doing today?

My Mil's friend got a letter from a solicitor about 2 years ago telling her a family relative in Australia had passed away and left her some money. Everyone told her it was some sort of scam. She had to go to a solicitor in London who then explained the person who died was a very distance relative in Australia who left her business in Australia, property in Monte-Carlo and a farm in France.

It totalled up to approx. 6 million, she is now living in France and has sold everything else off.

So you never know what might happen.

Andy

Knowing my luck, I'll get a letter informing of the death of an unheard-of distant relly, with an invoice for the service and wake buffet enclosed :eek:

Sponsored Links
Cleaned my windows, front and back for the first time ever as the window cleaner is self isolating - we've been here since 1990! Went over the allotment, dug over one of my larger beds. Finally decided where to plant my new potatoes, planted them, changed my mind, dug them back up and planted them somewhere else. Found three carrots growing that I must have missed last year, dug them up and forgot to bring them home with me. I’ll pick them up tomorrow if something doesn’t eat them tonight. Right, two minutes and I’m going to be first to start the clap for carers in my street!

Sponsored Links
My Mil's friend got a letter from a solicitor about 2 years ago telling her a family relative in Australia had passed away and left her some money. Everyone told her it was some sort of scam. She had to go to a solicitor in London who then explained the person who died was a very distance relative in Australia who left her business in Australia, property in Monte-Carlo and a farm in France.

It totalled up to approx. 6 million, she is now living in France and has sold everything else off.

So you never know what might happen.

Andy

This is why I've been checking on my elderly neighbours and customers.

I only need one of them leaving me in their Will.

Did Sains today, car park packed, big queue going in but bizzarely not too busy inside.
Managed to get nearly all the ingredients to make a veg chili and a katsu curry. Food with flavour at last...

Sainsbury delivery tonight. Got almost everything ordered except some apple turnovers, yeast for my breadmaker, hunters chicken (?) and crumpets. Oh, and one of our eggs was cracked. I’ll scramble that for breakfast tomorrow.

Not seen an egg in weeks!
Your shopping basket sounds proper posh :)

Wet and windy so no bike ride, finished off my mini kitchen refurb with some stainless edging to hide my useless cutting, did another two months on my year end, halfway there

Lol, my wife is working from home in the camper van, keeps her out of my way and also some of her calls are confidential, I let her in twice a day to use the loo

Since I'm now allowed out of 'isolation'...

I was talking to my partner yesterday over the phone because a close relative died abroad a few days ago.
(not of the virus though)

Sponsored Links
Back