What have you been doing today?

Due to storm Eunice, I'm having a 'duvet day'. I'm not chancing going to West London for work on overground trains as I might have a bugger of a job getting back later.

Sponsored Links
Been over the allotment this morning to round up most of my belongings from other plots and survey the damage to my brassica nets. Damn Eunice!

Currently preparing a Guinea Fowl for tonight's tea. Pretty sure I've never tasted one before and I've certainly never cooked one. Just following a recipe from the BBC food food website. Might be good, might be bad. Just gotta try these things.

76478C40-8C99-40F1-A7A9-C9EC9EE3438A.jpeg

We had people around they came over to brag about their 7-week hols starting off in Dubai then hoping for a few weeks in Singapore, then china, then Australia then USA/California, then Bermuda and then back home subject to Covid restrictions, therefore, their itinerary
may change. I said, 'have a nice trip.' Hope they enjoy and sounds nice but too much travelling imo over a short period.

We ordered Dominos pizza, we like that so do they but did not get discounts as had to do it in a rush, cool 75 quid but it was tasty and they enjoyed it as well.

Never been to the Isle of Wight and just been looking it up and not sure why people are saying those nasty things about the place.

May go out and get some tiles :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
We had people around they came over to brag about their 7-week hols starting off in Dubai then hoping for a few weeks in Singapore, then china, then Australia then USA/California, then Bermuda and then back home subject to Covid restrictions, therefore, their itinerary
may change. I said, 'have a nice trip.' Hope they enjoy and sounds nice but too much travelling imo over a short period. They gave us a 7-minute warning they were coming, nice.

We ordered Dominos pizza, we like that so do they but did not get discounts as had to do it in a rush, cool 75 quid but it was tasty and they enjoyed it as well.

Never been to the Isle of Wight and just been looking it up and not sure why people are saying those nasty things about the place.

Currently preparing a Guinea Fowl for tonight's tea. Pretty sure I've never tasted one before and I've certainly never cooked one. Just following a recipe from the BBC food food website. Might be good, might be bad. Just gotta try these things.

View attachment 261544

Well, that was bloody 'andsome! I followed the recipe in the link but added a couple of parsnips, a few more bacon rashers and steamed some broccoli to go with it. Oh, and I used dried thyme instead of sprigs. The Guinea Fowl meat was delicious - lovely and sweet and full of flavour. More than enough for two and Mrs Mottie actually enjoyed it - certainly a change in attitude from when I brought it home and she was adamant it was going to poison us! I'd definitely recommend it for anyone fancying something a bit different for a weekend dinner.

8166F034-F797-405D-81E6-34E2EA74B1EA.jpeg

Last edited:
may change. I said, 'have a nice trip.' Hope they enjoy and sounds nice but too much travelling imo over a short period.

May go out and get some tiles :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll wager a pound to a pinch of s**t you're meeting them in Bognor for your summer holiday. That's the beauty of the internet, you can do anything, go anywhere and drive whatever car you like, your best friends can be politicians or war advisors, you can have inside knowledge to everything that's going on in the world because you're a mover and a shaker, you can have a fabulously upgraded house and a top of the end Rangerover, you could even be a blogger of international repute with a following of millions, only people with one brain cell are thick enough not to hang on your every word.

On the other hand, you could be a complete and utter nob.

I'll wager a pound to a pinch of s**t you're meeting them in Bognor for your summer holiday. That's the beauty of the internet, you can do anything, go anywhere and drive whatever car you like, your best friends can be politicians or war advisors, you can have inside knowledge to everything that's going on in the world because you're a mover and a shaker, you can have a fabulously upgraded house and a top of the end Rangerover, you could even be a blogger of international repute with a following of millions, only people with one brain cell are thick enough not to hang on your every word.

On the other hand, you could be a complete and utter nob.

Yeah, it’s absolute BS. You can’t travel to Singapore, China, Oz or NZ as a tourist at the moment.

Living in in la land.

Last night we went to a drive through movie in a disused theme park (Camelot).

It was quite cool as you drove through the theme park where various army folk and zombies jumping out to scare you before you got to the movie screens…and during the movie every so often the zombies would bang on your car window, etc.

Movie was I am Legend, which I’ve never seen and enjoyed…quite apt film for the setting.

444AD87B-89C2-4403-BB50-4A81713E91A0.jpeg
675E3109-357F-4460-9775-10DEAA2B57ED.jpeg

Yeah, it’s absolute BS. You can’t travel to Singapore, China, Oz or NZ as a tourist at the moment.
Yeah, my mates son has been working in Hong Kong for the last three years. Just over a month ago, him, his Chinese girlfriend and their pet rabbit (They call it 'bun bun', I call it 'din din') moved to Shenzen. They all, including the rabbit, had to quarantine separately for two weeks! Just before the pandemic hit, my mate and his wife were going out to see them. They had to go through all sorts of hoops just to get a visa which included their son producing an itinerary for the consulate stating where they were staying on each night of their two week stay. They never went in the end and the 2 year visa has now expired. Just 'popping to China' as part of a trip ain't possible.

Living in in la land.

Last night we went to a drive through movie in a disused theme park (Camelot).

It was quite cool as you drove through the theme park where various army folk and zombies jumping out to scare you before you got to the movie screens…and during the movie every so often the zombies would bang on your car window, etc.

Movie was I am Legend, which I’ve never seen and enjoyed…quite apt film for the setting.

View attachment 261588 View attachment 261589

You are spouting total BSl. Read the post and apologise. They told me their itinerary is subject to change and this was their plan and I did not tell you when they were going.

Sponsored Links
Back