What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
In work today doing a service and a cam belt on a 2012 Fiesta Titanium Auto. My mate was the second owner of this car. He bought it for his wife, they had it a few years and hardly used it. Sold it to my mum for the WBAC valuation at the time. £6K. My mum had it for about 5 years, hardly used it (in fact, one year between MOT's, it had done just 39 miles and 24 of those were done by me bringing it home from its last test and taking it back in the following year for the new test!). She sold it to a customer of mine for £5K (the WBAC valuation at the time was £5.5K but she'd scuffed all the wheels and tyres). He bought it in September 2020 for his wife and she's hardly used it. It's an absolutely cracking motor and drives like a dream. To date, it still has only 16,839 miles on the clock. 10 years old! Get this: TODAY'S CURRENT WBAC VALUATION - £7,500 Unbelievable!

Friend bought a big Fiat twin rear axle motorhome 5 years ago for £30,000. Went touring Europe in it for a year then ended up living in it in UK. Now running a pub so sold it for £3000 more than he paid.

Was looking to replace my Scudo van as it's almost 18 years old. Looking at 2 or 3 year old vans. Think I'll hang onto it another year or two in the hope prices get sensible again.

Last edited:
Was doing some Quality Assurance work for another training company today. Had to change trains at Fenchurch Street / Tower Hill so had a little look around the Tower. They're doing a lot of work in the moat - I suspect it's something to do with our Queens 70th Jubilee. Either that or they have a severe giant mole problem!

E7709682-4796-483E-B475-2CB84DC7EFE5.jpeg
88FC38FF-3A8B-4D80-A3BD-4E3D81D1BC18.jpeg

Sponsored Links
That was the house that Bamber Gascoigne inherited.

yes he did inherit it

he was the nephew of the duchess

He put it into a trust?

they built an opera house in the back garden

inherited a massive mansion hse plus all contents
Henry the 8th had a 40 course meal
There so they say

plus several commercial units and

5 props with tenants in

Dug, shuttered and laid a path through the middle my allotment plot. Weed membrane put down and covered with wood chippings.

59A2A73E-2ED7-49CE-B2AF-F9936BB3A01F.jpeg

Weekend in Liverpool, dined in The Philharmonic pub, stayed in Hope St hotel, & went to a gig at the Philharmonic Hall (Suzanne Vega) all within 100 yards of each other

Tried a bit of DIY Otorhinolaryngology a few days ago and I just made things worse so today I went to have my ears cleaned out. They used microsuction as well as propulse ear irrigation and I came out £65 poorer but hearing the birds singing and the bees buzzing. Didn't take more than 10 minutes and well worth it. Mrs Mottie waited outside in the car and when I jumped in, the first thing I said was "turn that bloody radio down". She assured me it was on the same volume that I had set on the way down there!

Sponsored Links
Back