What have you been doing today?

Been over the plot and harvested a veggie pack for our daughter. Three types of beans, toms, beets, onion, courgettes, cucumber, spuds and mixed radishes.

67B29296-36F8-473A-97FA-CB0C85FD82E6.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Where we usually walk our dogs in a local country park, they close off certain sections to allow animals to graze. There’s one herd of wild goats and another of sheep but not the fluffy white sheep you normally see in fields - these are all different colours. Anyway, this morning the sections were opened up and the animals were gone but someone had been in and sheared the sheep. The fleeces were still waiting to be collected but the dogs were very interested and a little bit wary!

504639C0-96BC-43E7-8081-89507916122F.jpeg

1st of August and the leaves are falling off the trees like it’s Autumn! Look at the lake in the picture too - water level quite low, exposing a muddy bank. Still didn’t stop my dog going in to the mud, right up to her belly! She got a good hosing down when we got home.

0CD7BC3D-D432-4B29-9E34-E79AB9A52E5D.jpeg
4F15BE0D-E7C2-4314-8BFF-09CCED2356FE.jpeg

Trying to balance pills.
Painkillers are giving me a headache. How does that work?
Also can't sleep or stay awake.
Only hurts if I sit, stand, walk or lie down, otherwise it's fine.

I was working over West London today and as I had a 15 minute wait for my train at Tower Gateway, I thought I’d pop back out and check out the Tower of London 'Superbloom' display in the moat. No improvement since June, worse I’d say.

EE3473C6-CBC2-4989-B9C2-FF4162D3018B.jpeg

On the way home, I picked a single seat on the C2C at Fenchurch Street. Unfortunately, it was near the toilet in the carriage. Just after leaving Barking station, some bloke went in there and within seconds, he'd stunk that end of the carriage out. Everyone moved. He came out a few minutes later, drinking a can of beer, and was pleasantly surprised to see a few empty seats. Not the slightest bit of embarrassment. Luckily I only had to stand for about 5 minutes before getting off at Upminster. It was starting to creep further along the carriage and I got off just in time. Dunno what he'd been eating - a couple of dead rats I think! :sick:

Out for my usual dog walk this morning and we came across a stray dog just standing on the path. Normally lost dogs end up running back and forth in a state of panic and you can’t catch them but this one seemed to be taking it in his stride and stood there while I slipped a lead on him. We waited about 5 minutes for its owner to come along and listened for anyone calling out for it, but nothing. It had a tag with its name (Ted) and a landline number. My friend called the landline number and a man answered and said that the dog was out with his wife. He said he'd phone her and she then phoned my friend We agreed to meet her in one of the car parks about 15 minutes away. She was relieved to see him. She said he was 12 years old and going deaf but she had been distracted when she had received a call from her doctor with some bad news and the dog had just wandered off. At least they were reunited which didn’t add to her misery. Anyway, that’s my good deed for the day.

Ted.

2A41DD40-04A9-41BA-AB9C-43C4B842E88E.jpeg

Picked a few toms from the plot tonight. These are about a fiftieth of what I’ve got growing. 9 plants, three different varieties. I did start pinching them out but I let them get too far and my nine plants have merged into a 9ft by 9ft bush. Going to be making a lot of soup.

A6589E1E-C704-42AE-8E6C-2173C5586ED0.jpeg

Just been round our back alley and picked some more blackberries. There's absolutely tons of 'em. Ironically, Mrs Mottie has taken our grandson out this morning to go……..fruit picking!

0A6F0900-C4FF-4C8F-B3CA-40CA7A63B729.jpeg

Been up for my annual MRI scan for my watch & wait Prostate cancer. I don’t know about others, but despite all the whirring, clanking and beeping, I find it a very relaxing 30 minutes in that scanner tube and I almost nodded off! Thank you, NHS. (y)

Came home and made a nice pappadelle (Nigella's recipe) with lamb ragu. Finished off that bottle of German Pinot Noir that I opened last night - quite nice actually and for dessert we had some of the blackberries I picked this morning plus some strawberries and Jersey cream that Mrs Mottie bought when she took our grandson to the PYO farm today.

Picked up my new ebike, kitted it out with my essentials, my bar end mirror will not fit, and the riding position needs adjusting, but a very nice ride.

Sponsored Links
Back