What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Saturday bike ride to local cafe for bacon bun, had a right argument with a fat woman on a fat pony, I always shout on approaching horses from behind, which I did on this occasion, she accused me of not shouting as I rode past, so I pulled up and had a real row. I might buy a klaxon for the next time.

Popped up to Lincolnshire to watch PA474 strut her stuff across the skies over Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre to a capacity crowd of 5,000
A very enjoyable time was had by myself and Mrs C and now sitting down enjoying a bottle of Lancaster Bomber.
P1030819.JPG
P1030823.JPG
P1030835.JPG
P1030819.JPG
P1030823.JPG
P1030835.JPG
P1030851.JPG

Sponsored Links
Don't know why they have double posted. Sorry.

Nice photos Conny. (y)

Went over the allotment today and spent the best part of an hour pruning and trimming my 9 tomato plants that had all very quickly merged into one gigantic bush. I most have chucked near on 500 tomatoes away - with no pruning, they are all small. Went and helped myself to another compost bin from the bin store and they all went in there. I still have at least 250 left and they can flourish now they are getting sun and air to them. I found about 15 beetroots that I had planted in between them too, a couple of them were whoppers. I pulled all those up and brought them home and I’m going to boil then pickle them. I also noticed that I have a few butternut squashes that have germinated too. Oh, and I picked a nice bunch of Glads for Mrs Mottie. :giggle:

Just been over and watered my half-plot. I noted how much water I used this time. 64 gallons! I don’t know how people on allotments manage without water troughs. I have a couple of 50 gallon water butts, empty of course, but even so, they wouldn’t last me a week. Anyway, after pruning my massive tomato bush back to the 9 plants it started out as, I’ve got quite a few toms to harvest bearing in mind I’ve chucked away twice as many toms to get them to that stage.

66E9DAE7-4C97-4988-A4CA-54F5662D290F.jpeg

Saturday bike ride to local cafe for bacon bun, had a right argument with a fat woman on a fat pony, I always shout on approaching horses from behind, which I did on this occasion, she accused me of not shouting as I rode past, so I pulled up and had a real row. I might buy a klaxon for the next time.

They have things called bells you can buy for bikes these days. I might feel agreived if some oik on a bike started shouting something at me from behind.

They have things called bells you can buy for bikes these days. I might feel agreived if some oik on a bike started shouting something at me from behind.
Some reading for you.

This time yesterday I was sitting in A&E waiting for an x-ray on my shoulder. I've torn the ligament which sits between my collar bone and AC joint. Nothing they can do about it so I just have to avoid heavy lifting and do some exercises to keep it moving for a few weeks. Lucky I now have an assistant at work..

Sponsored Links
Back