What have you been doing today?

Drove across the Millau viaduct today ( holidaying near Beziers for a week ).....truly a bridge above the clouds!
All for 9.80 euros and the motorway approaching it is toll free.
John
I would get a nose bleed if I went over that.

Sponsored Links
Had to go to the eye hospital in Bristol centre. Afterwards went to St Nicholas market while I was in the area. There's an excellent Middle Eastern food window there that always has a queue. Had a filled naan wrap. Naan is straight from the tandoor with grilled chicken, lots of interesting salad and spicy sauces plus mint sauce. Delicious and quite a meal. Washed it down with a couple of Doom Bars from the nearest 'Spoons.

Had to go to the eye hospital in Bristol centre. Afterwards went to St Nicholas market while I was in the area. There's an excellent Middle Eastern food window there that always has a queue. Had a filled naan wrap. Naan is straight from the tandoor with grilled chicken, lots of interesting salad and spicy sauces plus mint sauce. Delicious and quite a meal. Washed it down with a couple of Doom Bars from the nearest 'Spoons.
I used to go in the cafe there, tucked in the corner. Onto the Commercial Rooms? Haven't been there for a couple of years, maybe 4.

Had an appointment at 5.30 to have my shoulder X-Rayed at my local Polyclinic. Got there a bit early, 5.20, waited no more than three minutes before being ushered in, had it done and was on my way back home at 5.28. Marvellous service from the NHS again.

Sponsored Links
I took my neighbour's Hyundai i10 for its M.O.T. it had exoired in July.
It failed on bottom ball joint and front to rear brake pipes, both sides.
They took £367 from him for the job, including M.O.T.
I took him to pick it up and, when he got it home I opened the bonnet, brake fluid everywhere, reservoir full to the brim and the lid hanging off.
No sign of any new "front to rear" pipes under the bonnet so I'm assuming they pieced in the back parts. It was chucking it down so I didn't look under it but, I will do tomorrow.
When I parked his car outside the M.O.T. place there was a big red Range Rover there, FA57 DOO, the one I put a photo of in the other post and I remarked that it had no M.O.T. It has one now but what a coincidence, I seem to be bumping into it everywhere I go.

I used to go in the cafe there, tucked in the corner. Onto the Commercial Rooms? Haven't been there for a couple of years, maybe 4.

Place where I bought the naan wraps is called Matina which is on the left as you come into the food passage to St Nicks - just down from where The Rummer used to be. Correct. The two Dooms were enjoyed in The Commy Rooms. (y)

Not today, but recently got back from Alicante.

Took COVID passes, but no-one asked for them.

Stayed in an apartment which was good (super cold Aircon) and it had a pool and was right across the road to the beach.

Forgot how scarce fresh milk is in Spain. We foun d a couple of bottles but mostly we had to buy UHT.
I love it, but the rest of my clan don't!

Cooked and ate most meals in, but had two evening meals out.

On our way to a weeks break in a cottage in the Lake District. Didn’t fancy doing it in one go so booked a room for the night in a village in the Peak District. Took us 5 hours to get here - bloody M1 stop start stop start…. Might do the same on the wall back. Having a pub meal tonight - very dog friendly up here and they are allowed in the bar. (y)

Took the dog for a quick walk and saw that the locals had knocked up a tribute to Her Majesty and were erecting it in the village square. It was made entirely of flowers, foliage, berries, seeds etc. - they must have done that on the quick!

F786459E-F7BD-4D7F-A332-6013F6D22445.jpeg

0D84D9E5-E37F-40C1-BA27-2A1DAD0DD93E.jpeg

414747FF-15F1-4A38-85CF-67A9AE417ADB.jpeg

Early start today - 3.45am to be precise when the dog decided she wanted a poo. Had to take her out of the hotel and on to the village green to do her business!

80F32DA4-D52F-4CF0-A2B9-114E67BAB9F7.jpeg

Drove the rest of the way to the Lake District. Absolute mega traffic jam on the M6 - over 7 miles and it was at a standstill and people were getting out of their cars to stretch their legs as they had closed it off for repairs. Luckily it was in the opposite direction to what we were going. Staying in Bowness on Windermere for a week. Rental property is very nice, probably one of the nicest we have ever stayed in but then it is probably one of the dearest - over £850 for the week. Mind you, it has got two bedrooms and two bathrooms so would be good value if you were sharing with another couple.

In Hertfordshire for a week so went along to the De Haviland Museum at London Colney. Been wanting to go for years after regularly seeing the sign after working in St Albans. Great morning out, much more there than I expected. That Mosquito was some plane.

In Windermere and went for a ride on a ferry across the lake to another town. Susie couldn't make her mind up whether she likes the boat or not.

1FE76341-0843-4173-95A2-EA80D422A263.jpeg

She liked her doggie ice-cream though.

85EE8695-54AA-4E8A-A58C-F334AA03BEC5.jpeg

Tried to be clever and order a pizza online from Domino's for our tea tonight - they offered a 'collection in car' where they run it out to you. Of course not only didn’t that work they didn’t even get my order despite charging my card. :evil: Of course I was 'hangry' and when they asked me in the shop to order and pay for another one I told them exactly where they could stuff their pizza's! I phoned Mrs Mottie to put the oven on and bought a couple of pizza's from the Co-op on my way back. I’d been indoors for over half an hour when my payment was pinged back to my card. They are now on my boycott list!

Summer officially ended today - I put the pool away for another year.

Sponsored Links
Back