What have you been doing today?

Have swopped numbers of Sparrows for Robins in the garden.

Worse is the number of Foxes running around; 3 litters this year. Just can't get them to go away. The 'expletive deleted' animals have dug under the workshop floor and it's sunk and cracked. Hope they don't dig under the machine tools - the planer/thicknesser weighs in at just short of a ton and the table saw 12cwt.

Sponsored Links
Pottered around gathering blackberries this morning, dewy fresh and sweet. Have enough to make more jam and for the queen of desserts; blackberry and apple pie. It's been a good year and i noticed the oak tree had grown a huge spread of acorns, so squirrel will feast well this winter.
IMGP5457.JPG

I might try planting a couple to see if anything turns out; that oak is over 400 years old and there's no other in the neighbourhood so i like the idea of putting another in the field.

While Mrs Mottie is out with the dog, I took the opportunity to wash some of Susie's favourite toys. They were a little bit grubby and a little bit stinky!

Let me introduce you to them. L to R we have:
Farting Wlbur
Boo Bear
Foxy Bingo
Tom Daley
Big Ball
Baby Bear
Shrimpy
Honk
Legs

26F0AC1A-EFB2-47AB-BEF1-2140D5A1770F.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Kodi was running slow so I completely wiped it, reinstalled it and just put the addons back on that I regularly use. It’s like I’ve added a supercharger to it now!

3342CAA1-4BAC-4E53-8683-C1A8214A80F5.jpeg

Took up one of my carrots to see how they are doing. I hope the rest aren’t like this!

25A73C2B-5914-4D2B-8E8F-AB4CB611E8C6.jpeg

The bloke on the next plot but one is doing better. Just!

A18C1436-B519-4602-801C-5E43C9698354.jpeg

Having a tidy up and putting my squash onto bricks to keep them off the ground and I accidentally broke one from its stem. Should be okay as it looks like it’s almost ripe. I dropped that off with a large courgette and some apples to my sister on my way home.

EC36C369-34C7-4E05-ABC1-24AA5C2E172A.jpeg

930AFC78-8855-4143-8B10-2DB6F046A5D1.jpeg

The ladies on the next plot gave me some aubergine plants. They don’t seem to be the normal type but there’s loads of them.

E7903DE7-871D-4D89-A893-9E1D9650A5E7.jpeg

Drove across the Millau viaduct today ( holidaying near Beziers for a week ).....truly a bridge above the clouds!
All for 9.80 euros and the motorway approaching it is toll free.
John

Drove across the Millau viaduct today ( holidaying near Beziers for a week ).....truly a bridge above the clouds!
All for 9.80 euros and the motorway approaching it is toll free.
John
We went across that on motorcycles our way home from a European motorcycling trip about 5 years ago. We went out of our way to come that way home. It was very impressive. (y)

It’s a first for me, although I did bike through Millau town years ago, heading from Provence to Clermont Ferrand.
John

Sponsored Links
Back